You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newly built computer some problems
05-13-2011, 04:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2011, 10:42 AM by snxiong.)
Newly built computer some problems
OK so i just tryed out building my first computer and i knew right away something was going to go wrong and it did so heres the problem

When i turn on my newly built computer it
-starts to light up and all the fans starts working
-everything seems to be working including the Hard drive cpu dvd rom
-hard-drive i can fell the disc inside moving
-dvd drive it open and closes
-cpu heatsink fan spins

so heres the problem when i connected through VGA to a moniter nothing appers on the monitor (yes the computer is on) so what do i do?

moniter works with my older computers so i know the moniter still works and i dont have a video card on my computer yet

p.s my moniter is old its one of those big ones not flat one its brand KDS Visual Sensations

also the computer wont turn off when i press and hold down the power switch on the case

the dvd drive right when i open it 3-5 seconds later it closes itself automatically

it seems the computer works but somethings wrong

my computer build
case: NZXT Lexa S
CPU: Athlon II 450 x3
Ram: G skills 4GB ddr3 1333
Hard-drive: WD 500GB
mother board: asrock 880GM-LE
DVD drive:HP dvd1260i
-
05-13-2011, 01:15 PM,
RE: Newly built computer some problems
You don't have a GFX card yet? You mean that you just have an IGP right?
Mate , you must speak out..
More pew-pew, less QQ.
05-13-2011, 02:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2011, 02:26 PM by Andrew J.)
Have you gone through the trouble shooting guides? 90% of the time these will fix your problem, assuming you don't have a dead part.

>You don't have a GFX card yet? You mean that you just have an IGP right?

Yes, that's what he's saying...
Your friendly forum administrator.
05-13-2011, 02:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2011, 03:03 PM by snxiong.)
no i dont have a video card and my computer turns on with all the fans in it working (all 5 of them including the cpu heatsink fan) but nothing just appears on the screen (my moninter says "video connecter connect?")

is my motherboard a DOA? even though the heat sink fan on it is working

i did that one part already about only connecting the 24 and 6/8 pin connecter to my motherboard only but no dice on my moniter yes the computer still turns on and the cpu fan turns on too
i also tryed my computer on my downstairs moniter but same results
05-13-2011, 04:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2011, 04:56 PM by Andrew J.)
You have both the 24 pin and 4/8 pin plugged in, right?

Assuming so, you might want to just take out everything and assemble your computer outside the case with only the motherboard, RAM, CPU & cooler, power supply (you can leave the PSU in the case) and case power switch so we can isolate the problem.
Your friendly forum administrator.
05-15-2011, 11:43 PM,
Yeah..like Andrew mentioned, check to see if you have your 4/8 pin plugged in, aside from the 24 pin from the power supply to the motherboard. Here's something weird that happened to me too, try to use a different out-let for your computer. It seemed to help with a similar trouble that I had before.
Laptop: MacBook Pro 13"
Case: Drawer turned to case CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 CPU Cooler: Stock brah GPU: EVGA GTX 460 HDD: Corsair Nova 32GB Motherboard: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Z68 RAM: Ripjaw 8GB 1600 Optical Drive: Don't need PSU: 620W Antec Neo ECO. Operating System: OS X Lion/ Windows 7x64
05-16-2011, 11:31 AM,
I once had a problem where my monitor was trying to detect input from the analog input instead of the digital one. Have you tried making sure that your monitor is using the correct input?
07-01-2011, 10:18 PM,
Same thing happend to me last week building my first pc, i bet your problem is like mine.

i only hade one plug from the power supply connected to the Mother Board.

i couldn't find another connector from the power supply that would fit the mother board connectors. i search for like an hour for other things wrong.

turns out it was that my mob had a 4 pos. square connector, and my power supply had two 4 position connectors clipped together, they slide apart to make 2 seperate 4's or together to make one 8. maybe your situation is reverse, and you need an eight pos on your mob but have one or two 4's. check it out and let us know.[/align]