You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good news, and more good news
12-07-2010, 02:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2010, 02:34 PM by zanthal.)
RE: Good news, and more good news

My pleasure:

ASRock 770 Extreme3 Driver Download Page

ASUS Driver Download Page

Not sure what OS you need to be using so you'll have to fill in that info yourself, but those are the links.

I had Windows XP installed to begin with, and it had issues with recognizing the Realtek HD Audio. I also had problems with getting the NVidia drivers to install. By installing the latest set of drivers from both of these sites, it solved all of the problems.

I shucked out the money to get Windows 7 Home Premium edition. Bear in mind that if you are running XP on your system now and you purchased Windows 7, that you cannot upgrade, you will have to format your HD in the process of changing operating systems. Windows 7 can only upgrade from Vista without loss of data.

So if you're planning to get Windows 7 soon, don't bother loading too much or configuring too much on your XP install.
My new PC = CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Rana 3.2GHz Socket AM3 | Motherboard: ASRock 770 EXTREME3 AM3 AMD SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX | Cooling: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4x2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600 | Video: ASUS GeForce GTX 460 768MB 192-bit GDDR5 | Case: Rosewill DESTROYER ATX Mid Tower | Power: Antec TruePower 650W ATX12V V2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Cert | Storage: SAMSUNG 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" HD | Optical drive: Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model
12-07-2010, 02:56 PM,
RE: Good news, and more good news
(12-07-2010, 02:33 PM)zanthal Wrote: My pleasure:

ASRock 770 Extreme3 Driver Download Page

ASUS Driver Download Page

Not sure what OS you need to be using so you'll have to fill in that info yourself, but those are the links.

I had Windows XP installed to begin with, and it had issues with recognizing the Realtek HD Audio. I also had problems with getting the NVidia drivers to install. By installing the latest set of drivers from both of these sites, it solved all of the problems.

I shucked out the money to get Windows 7 Home Premium edition. Bear in mind that if you are running XP on your system now and you purchased Windows 7, that you cannot upgrade, you will have to format your HD in the process of changing operating systems. Windows 7 can only upgrade from Vista without loss of data.

So if you're planning to get Windows 7 soon, don't bother loading too much or configuring too much on your XP install.

for sure, i just installed it as a test of my cd rom drive etc.. to make sure it wasn't my computer's fault that it wasn't getting installed.