You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HAF 922 Front audio Jacks
04-21-2011, 10:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2011, 10:18 AM by DavidT.)
HAF 922 Front audio Jacks
I got my system up and running and have been working through the ports and have found that I can't get the front ports on the case to work. I have the MSI P67A-G45 motherboard. The front jacks have two plugs, an HD plug and an AC97 plug. I have tried both of these and couldn't get the audio to work. With the HD plug attached, I did see the auto discovery when I plugged in the headphones and mic. Is there something that I am missing to get these ports enabled? Is the HD plug the right one to use with this motherboard? Also along the same vein, is there something that I need to do to also allow the speakers on my monitor (ASUS VE248H connected via HDMI) work? The monitor also has a headphone and speaker plug which would be nice to get working as well. Thanks.

04-21-2011, 02:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2011, 02:18 PM by Andrew J.)
RE: HAF 922 Front audio Jacks
You need the HD audio plugged in. You will probably need to configure the headphones for playback when you plug them in through the Realtek audio control panel. Same thing with monitor jacks.
Your friendly forum administrator.
04-21-2011, 03:37 PM,
Thanks for the help. Currently I am not seeing the headphones and mic or the monitor speakers shown on the audio control panel. Am I looking in the wrong place or opening the wrong application?
04-21-2011, 03:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-21-2011, 03:41 PM by Andrew J.)
Take a screenshot of the application, upload it to http://imgur.com and we shall see.
Your friendly forum administrator.
04-21-2011, 07:39 PM,
Well, I plugged in the HD connector and tried it again and this time it saw the headphones and mic. I was able to select them in the Realtek audio manager and get sound out of them. I was able to switch back and forth between the speakers and the headphones s the primary output device and the sound moved properly but I couldn't figure out how to make the sound play out of both the speakers and headphones. If anyone knows how to set up the Realtek system to do that, please let me know. Thanks.
04-25-2011, 09:24 AM,
I got it going. I think that I understand how the Realtek set up works.