You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Problem and GPU Question
04-20-2011, 01:11 PM,
Audio Problem and GPU Question
So two more questions:

1. The front audio jacks on my case just do not work. I've triple checked that I have the Audio connector from my case properly attached to the correct port on my MOBO and the front audio does not work. I plug in headphones and mics and they do not register as plugged in even the Windows tells me the device is working properly. I can do without the front audio ports, even though they are convenient, but does anyone have any advice on something that could fix this? Drivers?

The front USB ports and firewire port on the computer works just fine, the back audio ports on the mobo work just fine as well.

2. When playing Minecraft I notice white dots sometimes in between the blocks. It's not a constant thing, but usually when it is darker and I get too close to the wall I notice a line of white dots running where each individual block connects to another block. Anyone have a similar problem? I assume it is a Minecraft problem, but I couldn't find any help on their forums.

I played another game (The Ball) and noticed no similar issues or problems with the GPU. I also ran Furmark and noticed no problems with the GPU (it did get to 96 degrees, but usually when gaming the GPU doesn't even hit 80 degrees).

Thanks.
04-20-2011, 03:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2011, 03:43 PM by Andrew J.)
RE: Audio Problem and GPU Question
1:

What motherboard do you have? If it has VIA audio and you have the VIA HD Audio Deck installed (comes with the sound driver) you should be able to configure what plays sounds in it.

2:

This is a Minecraft problem, happens to everyone to my knowledge.
Your friendly forum administrator.
04-28-2011, 03:52 PM,
RE: Audio Problem and GPU Question
Well I finally got into my comp last nite and switched from the AC97 plug to the individual HD audio plugs and I got the front mic port to work, but not the speaker port. It's very odd... the manual for my MOBO gives me two layouts as to how to plug in the front audio ports, but my connectors to not correspond to the connectors they state I should have, they are named differently so I will have to find a guide somewhere with the correct names so I know what goes where.