You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Build Locking Up... How I Diagnose?
04-23-2011, 04:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-23-2011, 04:04 PM by Radiankh.)
RE: New Build Locking Up... How I Diagnose?
(04-23-2011, 03:55 PM)Andrew J Wrote: Relax. Cancel the RMA if you haven't already sent it, if you have then no big deal.

Checking for loose power cables would be the first thing to do. Have you gone through all the trouble shooting guides? (it's a sticky)

Andrew,

It seems we posted right about at the same time; I just edited my post. I am still going to RMA the RAM because MemTest86+ found 240 errors from it in about 2 hours and 15 minutes and then froze during the test. I will be going in and firmly securing .all. the power cables, it's just that PSU connection I wonder about now mainly.

[EDIT]
On second thought, now that I am more aware about proper timing settings and DRAM voltage, would you recommend I reinsert that original GSkill RAM, set the proper timings and voltage, and run MemTest86+ overnight again? In case, as you said earlier, the settings could have had something to do with the RAM errors. Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Build Locking Up... How I Diagnose? - by Radiankh - 04-23-2011, 04:02 PM