You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Build Locking Up... How I Diagnose?
04-19-2011, 10:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-19-2011, 10:47 PM by Radiankh.)
RE: New Build Locking Up... How I Diagnose?
Thanks Mathieu.

I just downloaded Speedfan. I've been using Core Temp for a while, and it has reported my CPU at a max of 25C during gaming sessions.

Catalyst Control Center reports my GPU temp at 39-40C while I am browsing, using Windows, and writing this post. It reports the fan speed at 37-38%. The activity has read 0-4% while I am doing these basic activities.

Here are the readings from Speedfan, during basic usage:

System: 30C
CPU: 33C
AUX: 111C (There is a flame for this icon.. what is this AUX?)
SMIOVT4: 31C
SMIOVT5: 31C
SMIOVT6: 31C
HD0: 27C
Core: 20C

I just ran MemTest86+ and went through one full pass. It took about 30 minutes and reported 0 errors.

I have yet to check the reports from CCC and Speedfan during a gaming session. I should be able to get some gaming in tomorrow, and report the readings then.
I want to add one more thing... The other day when I was playing around with drivers and making sure I had them all installed, I noticed something when I came to the motherboard drivers. I have downloaded the latest driver from ASRock, which is the AllIn1 Win7-64 8.71_WHQL. This adds a number of drivers to the machine. One of these is North Bridge Filter Driver 1.3.1.49. When I run the installer, it seems to add everything properly, and I see the install for the North Bridge Filter Driver running. But then if I open the driver installer again, when I highlight the North Bridge Filter Driver, it says "Current Version not Installed." It continues to do this. I don't know what a North Bridge is or if this could have anything to do with it, or what's going on here. But I thought I would add that.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Build Locking Up... How I Diagnose? - by Radiankh - 04-19-2011, 10:40 PM