You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fans seem too slow
04-16-2011, 10:53 PM,
Fans seem too slow
Hey everyone,

So I got my PC up and running but it seems to me that my fans are running too slow. I was looking at a program that came with my motherboard's drivers CD called Asus Thermal Radar, It was flashing one of my fans running around 360 RPM and the numbers were red. All my other fans aren't in red numbering, but they still seem to be running to slow. Lastly the fan on my case panel (Cooler Master 932) Doesn't seem to showing up on the thermal radar. Is that because I connected it directly to the PSU? I ran out of fan connectors on my mobo (Asus Sabertooth P67) so I just directly connected it.
04-18-2011, 11:02 AM,
RE: Fans seem too slow
under bios's hardware monitor, change the fan speeds of the cpu and power supply fans to full on.
Desktop: CPU: Intel Core i5 2500 3.30GHz RAM: G.Skill 8GB MOBO: ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Video Card: SLI MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 768 SSD: Corsair Force 3 60GB HDD: Samsung F3 1TB Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Mouse: Storm Sentinal Z3RO-G Keyboard: Das Keyboard Silent/Filco Majestouch 2 Speakers: Behringer MS-16 Headphones: Alessandro MS-1/Shure SRH440 modded Router: D-Link Xtreme DIR-655 Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM De-anti-glared Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X120e/Thinkpad T430
04-18-2011, 02:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2011, 02:18 PM by Andrew J.)
RE: Fans seem too slow
Yeah you can't control/detect the speed of fans that are plugged into the power supply.

It doesn't matter if the fans are running slow as long as your temps are fine. Do you really want extra noise?
Your friendly forum administrator.