You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
missing PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver
04-16-2011, 04:40 PM,
missing PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver
So I have a trouble shooting error on new build and it tells me i am missing this and cannot locate a driver- what is this, do i need it? where do i get it and is that maybe why at bootup i get a message "no harddrive detected" in bios screen although i have two and they are functioning? thanks in advance-
04-16-2011, 04:46 PM,
RE: missing PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver
What's giving you that error? Windows? If so, how are you even booting to Windows?
Your friendly forum administrator.
04-16-2011, 04:59 PM,
In Windows 7- under devices and printers it shows a yellow asterisk superimposed an my computer icon. When i right click- it gives me a troubleshooting option and when i ask it to troubleshoot it comes back with the message no "PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver" found-it then gives me an option to ask it to "fix" it but when i do it comes back as a failure to locate driver? It's suggested solution is to look out on the internet for similar issues?

04-16-2011, 05:19 PM,
Ah I see. Regarding the no hard drive detected, make sure the SATA mode in the BIOS is set to IDE. If you aren't experiencing any problems I wouldn't worry about the communications controller driver warning.
Your friendly forum administrator.
04-24-2011, 07:58 PM,
(04-16-2011, 05:19 PM)Andrew J Wrote: Ah I see. Regarding the no hard drive detected, make sure the SATA mode in the BIOS is set to IDE. If you aren't experiencing any problems I wouldn't worry about the communications controller driver warning.

Try finding and loading your USB 3.0 drivers.
04-26-2011, 06:54 PM,
If you will find and load your Motherboards USB 3.0 drivers from there disk.tHIS WILL TAKE CARE OF THE PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver .