You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BIOS setup for $1500 gaming build
11-30-2010, 03:13 PM,
BIOS setup for $1500 gaming build
Hi all,

I'll be attempting to build the $1500 gaming pc this weekend (everything same except for 1 Radeon 6870 instead of 2 GTX 460's). Since I'm a beginner with this, I'm particularly concerned / confused about setting up the BIOS and the proper order of operations involved in getting everything running... I know I'll have to set up RAID 0, set RAM timings, etc but I'm fairly clueless about what to do here.

Anyone have any suggestions (how-to guides, general tips, things to watch out for) that might help me? If anyone's done this particular build before I would love to get some guidance.

Read this guide at TH but i'm still a bit flummoxed!
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/bios...,1126.html

Thanks for any input! Love the site Mathieu.
11-30-2010, 03:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-30-2010, 03:24 PM by Andrew J.)
RE: BIOS setup for $1500 gaming build
First off, that guide is from 2005. BIOSs are more straight forward then they were then. Read your motherboard's manual, it should explain in detail how to change things. Good luck with the build though!
Your friendly forum administrator.
11-30-2010, 04:56 PM,
RE: BIOS setup for $1500 gaming build
Thanks Andrew! Ah, the old "read the manual" trick... should have thought of that. Glad to hear things are a bit more straightforward these days. Hopefully all goes well (I'll be back if it doesn't).