You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
monitor out of range error?
10-23-2016, 04:46 PM,
monitor out of range error?
I've never had that happen before where i get a black screen with a message that says "Monitor our of range 33.9khz/30hz???? My monitor is an LG 22" monitor that runs @ the standard 60hz and is able to run 1920X1080 resolution yet every other forum i get the same lame answer about my monitor not running 1920X1080 or some nonsense like that, like nobody reads the info right. This only seems to happen to 1 game in particular which tells me the issue is with the game itself not running @ that resolution yet i used to own a 24 inch benq(Q for Qrap) and i ran that game just fine.
I'm utterly confused as in all my years of pc gaming I've never even SEEN that error before. I'd appreciate any help. (the game is sim city 5 btw).

thnx
10-23-2016, 09:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 11:10 PM by PwnBroker.)
RE: monitor out of range error?
that error is usually caused by a gpu refresh rate to high that the monitor can process. is the monitor and the game set for 60hz? maybe serting the game and monitor at 30hz and see what happens? are you playing in windowed mode?
10-27-2016, 08:13 PM,
sorry for slow response, been sick. Funny part is, the game ran just fine on my 24" monitor before it's MB blew(benQ sucks) and it was running at 60hz refresh rate just like this monitor and the same resolution (1920X1080) so that error is a mystery. I double checked the refresh rate setting of the monitor and I checked the refresh rate of the game through my vid card software and they're both set to 60hz???
Ever since I started having issues with no access to the start menu, cortana or the action center, and not being able to update anymore(file corruptions I think) I've had other issues with some games and the answer it seems is to re-install win 10 but it took me over a week to install my games when I converted to win 8.1(over 40 games) and i don't want to spend another week doing that again. It's not just the games, it's the patching and mods on many of them that also take a lot of time but that's another problem.
10-30-2016, 06:07 PM,
could be some driver issues with win10. if possible i would try to set the game refresh rate a tad less, say 58 or 59, and leave the monitor at 60 and see if that helps. that sometimes can do the trick on other games but i have no experience with the Simm franchise.
11-07-2016, 09:42 PM,
turned out i was having issues with file corruptions and had to re-install windows 10 and couldn't back up my games (cries). I reinstalled win 10 and all my games and poof! the issue with sim city and that error disapeared.