You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building a Mac
09-25-2016, 07:22 AM,
Building a Mac
Hello guys, I've build several windows PCs in the past, some using this site.
But I never actually built a Mac...

Is there a guide somewhere I can follow to build a Mac?
I'm planning to trow ~$1500 on this build with OS and monitor included.

Also, is there a way I can use those white keyboards and mouse with this build?

Please advice.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
09-25-2016, 02:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-26-2016, 12:00 AM by pedwards.)
Building a Mac
Hi there.

I was thinking about this over the night and the one thing that made me rethink from my original post was that it was odd that the build required another Mac to copy the MacOS over to the hardware.

Knowing how Apple is pretty militant about controlling the entire user experience from hardware to software I did a quick search on another aspect. The terms and conditions or licensing agreement of MacOS.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/755...0&tstart=0

Apparently only genuine Apple hardware is approved for MacOS, and anything else would violate their Terms and Conditions and/or Licensing Agreement. So without getting into more detail I don't think going any further with support here makes sense. Although the technical challenge is interesting, the legality is the issue.

However you can always check to see if there is used Apple computers that you could buy on forums, eBay, etc.

If you are looking for another PC build however, come back and we'd be more than happy to help out.
CPU: Intel i7-2600K @4.2GHz Mobo: ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB
SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum-1000 80 PLUS Modular ODD: SONY DVD 24x
CPU Cooler: Thermalright SilverArrow Sound: Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty PCI-E Case: CM Storm Trooper
09-27-2016, 08:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-27-2016, 08:45 AM by PwnBroker.)
RE: Building a Mac
(09-25-2016, 02:01 PM)pedwards Wrote: Hi there.

I was thinking about this over the night and the one thing that made me rethink from my original post was that it was odd that the build required another Mac to copy the MacOS over to the hardware.

Knowing how Apple is pretty militant about controlling the entire user experience from hardware to software I did a quick search on another aspect. The terms and conditions or licensing agreement of MacOS.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/755...0&tstart=0

Apparently only genuine Apple hardware is approved for MacOS, and anything else would violate their Terms and Conditions and/or Licensing Agreement. So without getting into more detail I don't think going any further with support here makes sense. Although the technical challenge is interesting, the legality is the issue.

However you can always check to see if there is used Apple computers that you could buy on forums, eBay, etc.

If you are looking for another PC build however, come back and we'd be more than happy to help out.

+1, i was going to post something to the same effect but since you changed your post, kinda needless now lol. besides, i think the OP will run into more headaches than what its worth, that would be bad to buy the OS and apple lock it after they find that its not "genuine" hardware.

OP, if its something different that you are looking for might i suggest a linux machine. the latest ubuntu distro is really easy to install and has just about everything you would want in an OS and then some. if its a multimedia machine your after, then ubuntu studio might interest you. its basically ubuntu with all of the multimedia software pre-installed then you can add what you like from the software depo.

if its the mac look and feel your after look at the ElementaryOS, an ubuntu based distro that acts like osx. mint distro is another good one that can be made to feel like osx, probably the easiest and lightest weight of the distros.

a few years ago, i didnt like ubuntu too much because of codecs and driver support but with the newest 16.04 lts i cant find a piece of hardware that wont run on it.
09-27-2016, 09:25 PM,
http://c4sif.org/2012/10/are-hackintosh-...copyright/
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.7Ghz Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5 GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G HSF: Cryorig R1 Ultimate
Mem: 2 x 8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3 2400 SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB + a few spinners
PSU: Seasonic SS-760XP Platinum Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Monitors: 2 x Dell 2007FP 1600x1200
09-28-2016, 10:21 AM,
As other pointed out, there are some possible legal issues with building a Mac.

That said, it is possible.

Lifehacker have an excellent guide here, with a link to multiple builds: http://lifehacker.com/the-always-up-to-d...-o-5841604
Laptop: MSI GS30 Shadow-045 Dimensions: 12.6" x 8.9" x 0.8" 2.65lbs CPU: Intel Core i7-4870HQ Quad-Core + Hyper-Threading OC 2.5-3.9GHz RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Video Card: Intel Iris Pro 5200 Storage: 2x128GB SDD RAID0 Audio: ASUS Xonar U3 USB Sound Card + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones Screen: 13.3" - 1920 x 1080 IPS + 27" Dell P2715Q IPS 3840 x 2160 Keyboard: Filco Majestouch MX Cherry Blue Mouse: Logitech MX518
09-29-2016, 02:11 PM,
Building a Mac
(09-28-2016, 10:21 AM)MathieuB Wrote: Lifehacker have an excellent guide here, with a link to multiple builds: http://lifehacker.com/the-always-up-to-d...-o-5841604

Lol that was the link I referenced in my original post! I removed it for fear of breaking the forum rules and being booted off here forever for harboring pirate-ism, or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CPU: Intel i7-2600K @4.2GHz Mobo: ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB
SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum-1000 80 PLUS Modular ODD: SONY DVD 24x
CPU Cooler: Thermalright SilverArrow Sound: Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty PCI-E Case: CM Storm Trooper