You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hey Pedwards?
06-28-2016, 02:54 PM,
hey Pedwards?
did you ever get that acer uqhd monitor problem ironed out or did u go with a different monitor all together? im thinking of getting one or somehing like it later this year.
06-29-2016, 04:50 PM,
hey Pedwards?
Hey bud.

Actually yeah. I didn't share the final tally. I did a last ditch effort to buy an Acer x34 from Amazon in the uk and lo and behold I got a March 2016 build date. Now the only thing.... Grayscale banding seems to remain. However that seemed to appear after calibrating it for 100hz, and can't seem to undo it.
So as that was really the only thing I kept it. And boy oh boy do I love it. 3 browser windows same time so I can check specs shop and read articles simultaneously. Been trying out xcom2 in uqhd, and it sure is purty.

Love it. Granted huge pain in the arse to get one I liked but really enjoying this bad boy.

By the time you go looking again, let me know and gave give some some tools and advice depending what's available at that time. You might even hit gold with 144hz along with dual 1080 Ti's to drive them. Wink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CPU: Intel i7-2600K @4.2GHz Mobo: ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB
SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum-1000 80 PLUS Modular ODD: SONY DVD 24x
CPU Cooler: Thermalright SilverArrow Sound: Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty PCI-E Case: CM Storm Trooper
07-05-2016, 08:27 PM,
RE: hey Pedwards?
cool, yeah id love to have one with more workable space. justing waiting to see what AMD is going to release in their upper echelon cards and by that time maybe some more manufacturers will pick up the ultra wide in that screen size and make it more competetive price wise.