You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphics card driver crashing Again
07-06-2016, 04:07 PM,
This is truly odd. Benches run fine, power supply seems to be powering.

Have you tried reseating the card again?
How about seating it in a different slot (even if not optimal)?

Have you tried disabling all services to see if there are driver conflicts?

What antivirus do you run? Have you temporarily disabled while playing the game?

That's what I'd do at this stage.

Or... The card is simply failing.

So if you do go with a new card, I think I'd wait for the 1060 to compare to the 480 - then decide. My guess is the wattage may be similar. Unless of course the crashing drives you nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CPU: Intel i7-2600K @4.2GHz Mobo: ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB
SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum-1000 80 PLUS Modular ODD: SONY DVD 24x
CPU Cooler: Thermalright SilverArrow Sound: Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty PCI-E Case: CM Storm Trooper
07-06-2016, 05:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2016, 11:10 PM by Dan-H.)
RE: Graphics card driver crashing Again
I think I would give it one more try before writing off the card. Here are the steps I'd follow.

1) setup in BIOS to use integrated graphics, and power down and make sure you can run the primary display using integrated graphics.
2) power down and physically remove the GTX 750ti.
3) use DDU to completely remove the drivers.
https://github.com/Wagnard/display-drivers-uninstaller
4) reboot the system again (card still out of system)
5) go to device manager
- under "View" menu, select "Show hidden Devices"
- if there are any nVidia devices, delete them
6) power down (leaving integrated graphics enabled)

6.5) re-install GTX 750ti and power up the system, but leave the display connected to the motherboard (integrated) graphics.

I'm not sure how Windoze 10 works from this point forward vs Win7 or Win 8/81. Windows is likely to find the device and try to install drivers. Again you can go to device manager and delete the device driver.

7) download from nVidia your driver of choice and install it.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

I would not install the nVidia "experience" bloat but that is preference.

Reboot again, set the primary display to be the GTX 750ti, recable as needed. once working with the 750ti, Power down, restart into BIOS and disable the onboard graphics.

Reboot one more time.

Game on it an see if it has improved.

Good luck.
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.7Ghz Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5 GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G HSF: Cryorig R1 Ultimate
Mem: 2 x 8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3 2400 SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB + a few spinners
PSU: Seasonic SS-760XP Platinum Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Monitors: 2 x Dell 2007FP 1600x1200
07-07-2016, 12:20 AM,
Well if we are getting this far.. Another thing I thought of after I went to sleep was Win10 (windoze) optimization and slowdowns may be the culprit as well. Especially if it was a free upgrade.

After all the other stuff, if that doesn't work. Did you free upgrade it from a Win 7/8 build?
Would try fresh install of Win 10 from scratch.
Alternatively try an install from Win 7 / 8.

Let's try everything else first before this as you have to reinstall you entire livelihood at this stage for perhaps no change.

CPU: Intel i7-2600K @4.2GHz Mobo: ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB
SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum-1000 80 PLUS Modular ODD: SONY DVD 24x
CPU Cooler: Thermalright SilverArrow Sound: Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty PCI-E Case: CM Storm Trooper
07-07-2016, 05:59 PM,
didnt realize this was a win 10 machine. nvidia had some problems last year and supposedly fix it in an update. microsoft came out with a patch with the driver and also a tickbox option to "prevent drivers from being reinstalled" during win 10 updates. but most of these updates doesnt seem to fix. i did read somewhere that someone seemed to have a work around by underclocking their gpu by 100mhz or so.

so i dunno. i havent heard of any amd driver problems with win 10, so this is just plain strange.
07-10-2016, 07:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-10-2016, 07:22 AM by pedwards.)
Yeah I didn't want to jump to conclusions since I haven't as of yet experienced it myself, but have really not wanted to jump on the Win10 bandwagon because of this "can't stop driver updates" bullpucky. To have to underclock is nuts.

A bit sad no one noted my pun between my comment "after I went to sleep" and using Dan H's "windoze" reference. Ha!

Seems the delays and multitude of comments has scared off Mr. LordBuffalo. Wink. Hope some of this advice helps although sometimes we respond days apart.

07-10-2016, 02:30 PM,
(07-10-2016, 07:21 AM)pedwards Wrote: A bit sad no one noted my pun between my comment "after I went to sleep" and using Dan H's "windoze" reference. Ha!

Sorry, Windoze upgraded my pun and sarcasm detection driver and it must have downclocked my brain as a side effect Tongue

Hopfully LordBuffalo sorts this out. If not, the GTX 1060 looks like it will be a solid card for the pricepoint...
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.7Ghz Mobo: Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 5 GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G HSF: Cryorig R1 Ultimate
Mem: 2 x 8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3 2400 SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB + a few spinners
PSU: Seasonic SS-760XP Platinum Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Monitors: 2 x Dell 2007FP 1600x1200
07-10-2016, 09:47 PM,
well ive been doing some digging and inquiring on a couple of builds ive done with titan's and 980's with fresh oem windows 10 installs and they are having zero problems with crashing. so ive done some different reading on different sites of folks that appear to have the same issues and the commonality is all of them upgraded to windows 10, most all of them were overclocked gpu's, and it does appear to be a conflict with nvidia drivers and windows 10 updates. there was one video on youtube that even went so far as to actually find a problem using dxdiag and he says that it has to be something in dx12 causing his system(win 10) to double his system clock speed and system memory from what his video card is using. according to him it is virtually running his video card out of vram. the way he fixed it was to underclock his gpu by 100-200 mhz.

here is a discussion link on the geoforce forum and one post kinda is saying the same thing. he also gives a link to the older driver that was good before the newer driver updates. it may be worth a shot to try that driver and see what happens.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...er-350-12/
07-15-2016, 01:31 PM,
Took me a while to respond, sorry about that. I am almost positive it has nothing to do with the driver itself and that it is the card. I'm planning to either get a 1060 or RX 480, though probably the RX 480 because I don't trust Nvidia anymore.
07-25-2016, 11:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-25-2016, 11:18 AM by PwnBroker.)
yeah the 1060's are out but at 300-350 bucks its a no brainer to go with either the 480 or pick up a 970 which most are about 270 bucks right now.(to me the 1060 is about the same as a 970).

so at 199 bucks the 480 looks good, right now, if the 40w more power draw is ok. it does seem that amd is quicker on the draw with firmware and driver issues these days. sapphire is releasing the 480 Nitro which closes the performance gaps between the two at 220 bucks. of course at dx12, performance closes to about even between them. also for 30 bucks more the 1060 has 2 new viewing features, that is if devs program for them.(when the 1060 comes down to the 250 dollar msrp).

the 1060 3gb model has been scrapped and nvidia chose to release it later branded as the gtx 1050.

anywho, sorry we couldnt help you solve the 750 ti problem as its kind of difficult to troubleshoot these types of issues without seeing it first hand. it still bothers me though as to why it is crashing in non-demanding games but will run heavy rendering benchmarch apps just fine.