You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Christmas Light Display
01-06-2016, 03:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 03:15 PM by Rapajez.)
2015 Christmas Light Display
I skipped the Computerized Display last year, but really wanted to get it done in 2015. My 3-year-old was obsessed with watching the videos on YouTube, and I really wanted him to see it live. I added some RGB lights to my display this year, which can display any color you select from the PC. They make up the "Mega Tree". I also added a few rows of strobes--probably the coolest effect you can get for your money.

I got a little aerial footage of my songs from a Parrot Bepob Drone.

I did Wiz Khalifa's See You Again, ft. Charlie Puth this year, in honor of my wife, who passed away this May. I was just getting tired of hearing the song played out on the radio then, but it obviously took on a new meaning after May. I'm not sure if there's an award for "Most People Who Started Randomly Bawling In Front of Display", but I might have got it this year.

I didn't have much sequencing time this year, which is why the length is a little short on everything. I also did Let's Go [Ricky Luna Remix], Travis Barker feat Busta Rhymes, Lil Jon, and a bunch of other hilarious names. It had a nice amount of Dubstep and Crazy Fast Rapping to try to sync Santa's lips to. The recording got a little off-track with the audio towards the last few seconds, but I was too lazy to redo it. Tongue

Anyway, Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year to everyone on at Hardware Revolution!

PS: I got an Occulus Rift Dev2 for Christmas...which I have yet to tear into...should be interesting!
GPU: NVIDIA Titan X, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz OC'd @ 4.5GHz, Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4, Mem: 2x Corsair Dominator 2133MHz 8GB, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO, Case: Corsair Carbide 500R, PSU: Corsair TX850M, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14, Case Fans: 4x Cooler Master Excalibur 120mm PWM, Monitors: 3x ViewSonic VX2270SMH-LED in NVIDIA Surround
01-07-2016, 08:47 AM,
RE: 2015 Christmas Light Display
my condolences for your loss.

really cool and i was wondering why you didnt post last year after seeing it the first year. i bet your youngin was thrilled to see it live.