You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading rig - what's the best GPU/CPU I need/my rig can handle/I can afford?
11-29-2015, 02:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-29-2015, 02:23 PM by fillasophy.)
RE: Upgrading rig - what's the best GPU/CPU I need/my rig can handle/I can afford?
So the game loads really slow. I actually thought it was crashing, so I opened the task manager and found out the CPU was running full tilt the entire time...it was just taking forever to get it going, so yea, bottlenecking like crazy...

My ideal is to run on high settings, but my main goal is to get up to Medium with smaller load times (ie, the CPU is a must upgrade), so what would I need at minimum to pull that off? I'm seeing a r9 280x is around $170 if I use a kinda weird brand.... does that look like a winner?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product

Also, my 6850 seems to be handling the game fairly well already on low, it just has some weird pauses and skips every once in a while... Maybe I should just start with the CPU and see where this goes?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrading rig - what's the best GPU/CPU I need/my rig can handle/I can afford? - by fillasophy - 11-29-2015, 02:05 PM