You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading rig - what's the best GPU/CPU I need/my rig can handle/I can afford?
11-28-2015, 04:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2015, 04:14 PM by PwnBroker.)
RE: Upgrading rig - what's the best GPU/CPU I need/my rig can handle/I can afford?
the problem with those 2 setups is the weak dual core and older weak 3 core cpus and the stripped cache of those cpus. for 160 bucks you could upgrade the gpu on the gaming rig to a gtx 950 or r7 370 for 140 bucks but that athlon is still going to be bottlenecked severely.

if running lower end games the gaming rig is still relevant (upgrading the cpu only to an fx8320/fx6300 would get you by on about low to medium settings on some newer games) but if you want to add some current titles at 1080p and depending on what cyber monday deals you can get, i would probably look at an fx 6300/r7 370 combo on the gaming rig upgrade. price today for that combo would be around 230 bucks but you may be able to shave some off on monday, depending. ARK had a dx12 patch that might alleviate the cpu bottleneck some so you could try the r7 370 first and see what it does(dx12 isnsupposed to alleviate cpu bottlenecks if coded correctly butna game like ARK itnmay still bottleneck quite a bit). note: it appears that nvidia cards perform worse under dx12 in this game than dx11.

the psu should still work but you may have to purchase some pcie cable adapters to work with newer gpus.

nice to hear fro you again, has it really been 3 years? man how time is flying.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Upgrading rig - what's the best GPU/CPU I need/my rig can handle/I can afford? - by PwnBroker - 11-28-2015, 04:11 PM