You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New GPU/CPU
11-12-2015, 11:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-12-2015, 11:08 AM by Sugata.)
New GPU/CPU
Hey guys, I am from India.
I am relatively new to gaming world.
Recently I convinced my Dad to upgrade my PC, 3 weeks ago.
Looks like I am kinda stuck.
My PC specs:
Motherboard Model : GIGABYTE H81M-S 1x PCI e 2x16 socket
Processor: Intel® Pentium® CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz (Dual Core)
Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
RAM: 4 GB
SMPS: Foxin FPS450
Now I cant play games like FIFA 15, GTA V because of lag which means I wont be able to even run the new CoD and Assassin's Creed games. Only option is to resell some items and buy better parts.
For one, I have to upgrade RAM to 8GB
I am thinking about buying a second hand but good quality Intel CPU OR NVIDIA GPU after selling either one of the CPU/GPU that I currently have. Any ideas how to sell them fast for reasonable money and buy second hand GPU/CPU?
WHAT SHOULD I DO? WHICH WILL BE BETTER? ANY SUGGESTIONS?
11-13-2015, 10:10 AM,
New GPU/CPU
Hi Sugata,
Welcome to the forums.

The only hesitation I have in recommending parts and components is I don't know how easy it will be to sell your existing system in the second hand market in India, and additionally what prices or what type of quality you can do expect as a buyer in this same market.

So if we can assume you get absolutely zero from your above rig, what price range can you invest? Secondly when looking at the prices listed in the USA/CAN market from Matheiu's site, is it comparable?

After we get a few of these points cleared up can start making some suggestions, although new is different from second hand for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CPU: Intel i7-2600K @4.2GHz Mobo: ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB
SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum-1000 80 PLUS Modular ODD: SONY DVD 24x
CPU Cooler: Thermalright SilverArrow Sound: Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty PCI-E Case: CM Storm Trooper
11-13-2015, 11:36 AM,
RE: New GPU/CPU
(11-13-2015, 10:10 AM)pedwards Wrote: Hi Sugata,
Welcome to the forums.

The only hesitation I have in recommending parts and components is I don't know how easy it will be to sell your existing system in the second hand market in India, and additionally what prices or what type of quality you can do expect as a buyer in this same market.

So if we can assume you get absolutely zero from your above rig, what price range can you invest? Secondly when looking at the prices listed in the USA/CAN market from Matheiu's site, is it comparable?

After we get a few of these points cleared up can start making some suggestions, although new is different from second hand for sure.

I have recently been able to set a deal of Rs.3000 for my current GPU.
This means no chance of selling the CPU. I have to buy a new GPU.
My budget is within Rs.10000 including the 3000.
11-13-2015, 12:22 PM,
New GPU/CPU
Hmmm. Realizing that doesn't help still. Smile
What is the cost of a gtx 780 in Rs for example? New vs second hand?

CPU: Intel i7-2600K @4.2GHz Mobo: ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB
SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum-1000 80 PLUS Modular ODD: SONY DVD 24x
CPU Cooler: Thermalright SilverArrow Sound: Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty PCI-E Case: CM Storm Trooper
11-15-2015, 04:51 AM,
(11-13-2015, 12:22 PM)pedwards Wrote: Hmmm. Realizing that doesn't help still. Smile
What is the cost of a gtx 780 in Rs for example? New vs second hand?

price of a new gtx 780 in India is about Rs.45000 (3gb)
second hand (2 yrs) is a little more than Rs.20000
11-15-2015, 01:37 PM,
my suggestion would be to get the best gpu you can afford, add 4 gig of ram. you are still going to be cpu bound with those titles no matter what gpu you buy. with the system components you have now you should be able to play most of those games at the lowest detail settings, VSYNC turned off, and no higher resolution than 720p. with low end components and vsync turned on will yeield constant lag spikes.

if you buy a new gpu then up the detail settings to the highest you can play lag free. this will shift a lot of the load off of that dual core cpu and on to the gpu.

i feel bad for your situation. be advised that those games do not run well on ps4 or xbone either in case your wondering whether or not to sell your system and buy a console.

good luck
11-18-2015, 11:37 AM,
(11-15-2015, 01:37 PM)PwnBroker Wrote: my suggestion would be to get the best gpu you can afford, add 4 gig of ram. you are still going to be cpu bound with those titles no matter what gpu you buy. with the system components you have now you should be able to play most of those games at the lowest detail settings, VSYNC turned off, and no higher resolution than 720p. with low end components and vsync turned on will yeield constant lag spikes.

if you buy a new gpu then up the detail settings to the highest you can play lag free. this will shift a lot of the load off of that dual core cpu and on to the gpu.

i feel bad for your situation. be advised that those games do not run well on ps4 or xbone either in case your wondering whether or not to sell your system and buy a console.

good luck
so it IS better to buy a new gpu than buy an old one right?
Thanks Smile
11-20-2015, 02:31 PM,
(11-18-2015, 11:37 AM)Sugata Wrote:
(11-15-2015, 01:37 PM)PwnBroker Wrote: my suggestion would be to get the best gpu you can afford, add 4 gig of ram. you are still going to be cpu bound with those titles no matter what gpu you buy. with the system components you have now you should be able to play most of those games at the lowest detail settings, VSYNC turned off, and no higher resolution than 720p. with low end components and vsync turned on will yeield constant lag spikes.

good luck
Thanks Smile
unless you can get something used with some type of guarantee then i would try to buy new.(you never know what you will end up with, and maybe a burned up card)

for 1080p and below resolution a gtx 950 should be in your budget and is a descent card for what you need to do. you are still going cpu bound in some of those games but should still yield playable frame rates.
11-25-2015, 07:18 AM,
(11-20-2015, 02:31 PM)PwnBroker Wrote:
(11-18-2015, 11:37 AM)Sugata Wrote:

good luck
Thanks Smile
unless you can get something used with some type of guarantee then i would try to buy new.(you never know what you will end up with, and maybe a burned up card)

for 1080p and below resolution a gtx 950 should be in your budget and is a descent card for what you need to do. you are still going cpu bound in some of those games but should still yield playable frame rates.

thanx.