You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st build issue
09-13-2015, 11:03 AM,
RE: 1st build issue
gpu is the descrete video card such as say a gtx 970 for example. the fx series chips dont have onboard graphics and require a discrete gpu(and i assume you have one since you could see BIOS at one time)

after looking at some of those reviews on that MB it seems a lot of others have had usb/sata/boot problems with that board and that could be your problem. i dont particularly care for the 760g chipset for the fx series of chips as those chips were originally intended for use with the 900 series chipsets. if it turns out that you cant get that board to work then i would exchange it for an asus M5A97 which are great boards for about the same cash or any of the MSI or GIGABYTE boards with the 970 chipset.

if you can get back into bios the first thing i would check is the bios version and make sure that it is the version that supports the fx line of chips. those 760g boards required a bios update for them to work properly with fx chips.
09-14-2015, 12:05 PM,
(09-13-2015, 11:03 AM)PwnBroker Wrote: gpu is the descrete video card such as say a gtx 970 for example. the fx series chips dont have onboard graphics and require a discrete gpu(and i assume you have one since you could see BIOS at one time)

after looking at some of those reviews on that MB it seems a lot of others have had usb/sata/boot problems with that board and that could be your problem. i dont particularly care for the 760g chipset for the fx series of chips as those chips were originally intended for use with the 900 series chipsets. if it turns out that you cant get that board to work then i would exchange it for an asus M5A97 which are great boards for about the same cash or any of the MSI or GIGABYTE boards with the 970 chipset.

if you can get back into bios the first thing i would check is the bios version and make sure that it is the version that supports the fx line of chips. those 760g boards required a bios update for them to work properly with fx chips.

ok Ill keep trying.
You think this whole thing was a product of me switching the boot order? that just sounds crazy if thats the case.
09-14-2015, 01:52 PM,
nope boot order would not cause those issues, as you would sill have display output and would be able to key into bios. sounds like loose connections or MB issues.
09-16-2015, 07:05 AM,
Any other ideas?
I replaced the battery and move the jumper to 2nd and 3rd pon, and now back
09-16-2015, 01:38 PM,
so are you able to get back into bios
09-16-2015, 03:10 PM,
no i wasnt
09-16-2015, 04:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2015, 04:45 PM by PwnBroker.)
does that board have led error codes or some beep codes when you power up when it does its bootup routine?
09-16-2015, 09:27 PM,
(09-16-2015, 04:44 PM)PwnBroker Wrote: does that board have led error codes or some beep codes when you power up when it does its bootup routine?

Unfortunately no, I was HOPING for some beep codes.
When i press the power button, the supply comes on, fans light up, fans turn, no beep, the light on front usbs light up (where i had my usb drive, and kb initially when i was able to get into the bios).

No signal on my hdmi tv. I even got an old monitor and hooked the video card on that, thinking possibly hdmi cable was bad, but monitor to video card displays the same no signal.

On a side note, a generic 3 V battery work like all others? or should i leave the one that came in with the mobo in there?
09-17-2015, 08:20 AM,
sounds like it is making thru the post routine until it gets to the video card. id reseat the video card and memory sticks just to make sure they are seated good. other than that prolly a DOA MB. those batteries on boards the last several years only keep the system clock in time current when power is off and thats about it. i wouldnt suspect the battery.