You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Total hot mess PC problem I caused. Please help!
03-16-2011, 10:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-16-2011, 10:26 AM by MathieuB.)
RE: Total hot mess PC problem I caused. Please help!
Boot time increasing is normal, it's the result of Windows collecting junk over time. Most simple way to fix it is to remove all programs that don't need and also to prevent programs that you don't need to start with Windows, to do so, like you did with msconfig.

As for your problem...

First thing that I'd try is to connect your Samsung F3 1TB to another SATA port, using another SATA cable. You want to rule out the possibility that either one is defective. If they are, that would be an easy fix.

If that doesn't fix it: Get access to another PC or get an external 3.5" SATA to USB enclosure, put your Samsung F3 1TB in it (make sure to keep boot order in BIOS as before, so that the other PC boots from its usual drive), boot into Windows as usual.

Go into My Computer, backup any important files from your Samsung F3 drive if you want to.

Then, right-click on the Samsung F3 1TB drive and select "Format". Select full size, NTFS and uncheck "Quick Format". This is going to take a long time (1 hour+). Once this is done, shutdown the PC, take out your drive, put it back into your Gaming PC (on a different port, with a different cable) and try installing Windows on it.

Try that and let me know how it goes.

P.S. I've tried more ways to "enhance" Windows performance in the past than I care to share and most of time, it either made no perceivable difference or it screwed up my PC. So yeah, do yourself a favor and don't mess with that lol Tongue
Laptop: MSI GS30 Shadow-045 Dimensions: 12.6" x 8.9" x 0.8" 2.65lbs CPU: Intel Core i7-4870HQ Quad-Core + Hyper-Threading OC 2.5-3.9GHz RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Video Card: Intel Iris Pro 5200 Storage: 2x128GB SDD RAID0 Audio: ASUS Xonar U3 USB Sound Card + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones Screen: 13.3" - 1920 x 1080 IPS + 27" Dell P2715Q IPS 3840 x 2160 Keyboard: Filco Majestouch MX Cherry Blue Mouse: Logitech MX518

Messages In This Thread
RE: Total hot mess PC problem I caused. Please help! - by MathieuB - 03-16-2011, 10:26 AM