You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monitor VS TV
03-16-2015, 07:10 AM,
Monitor VS TV
I am building a PC along the same lines as the tier 6 Gaming PC guide with a higher end case and increased RAM. I just had a few questions. For my set-up I wanted to connect my computer directly to a tv instead of a monitor so I can play games and watch movies from my living room. Are there cons to using a tv instead of a monitor? LED vs Plasma as far as Gaming Frame rates?

Thanks in advance,

RFxLepota
03-23-2015, 04:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2015, 04:43 PM by Brandonsr.)
RE: Monitor VS TV
Assuming the plasma tv is already rated for 60fps then you should be fine as far as frame rate goes, unless you wanted higher FPS. The specific model of the television would help to see how the response times are and everything.

However, If you already own the TV why not just hook the computer to it and test it for yourself? If you like it then you're good to go =).
Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 CPU: i5 3570K Cooler: Water Loop Motherboard: ASrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Z68
Memory:
Corsair Vengeance 8gb] Video Card: EVGA GTX 1070 FE Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w
Storage:
Samsung 840 120gb
Monitor:
Acer S231HLbid 23" Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue
04-01-2015, 11:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-01-2015, 11:04 AM by Rapajez.)
Another red flag, the Tier 6 article is over a year old. Let us know your budget for the PC, whether you want to overclock or not, and whether you need to buy Windows, and we can recommend an update.
GPU: NVIDIA Titan X, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz OC'd @ 4.5GHz, Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4, Mem: 2x Corsair Dominator 2133MHz 8GB, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO, Case: Corsair Carbide 500R, PSU: Corsair TX850M, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14, Case Fans: 4x Cooler Master Excalibur 120mm PWM, Monitors: 3x ViewSonic VX2270SMH-LED in NVIDIA Surround
04-02-2015, 05:12 PM,
i like my plasma screen and use it for everything from gaming to movies. for myself i prefer it over lcd or led screens for the money, it has a much better image until OLEDS's come down in price i will be keeping mine.

the bad thing about plasma's(unless it is a newer model Samsung) is that if you play games with hud's or static images on the screen, you will get burn in if you dont set your tv settings correctly. BUT, most of the time if you do get some burn in then the white noise or whitewash function will remove it or with regular movie watching it will most likely disappear over time.

good luck