You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanting to build a gaming PC
02-10-2015, 10:15 AM,
Wanting to build a gaming PC
Hi Big Grin I'm..kinda new to computer specs so bear with me. I find computers very interesting so I thought it would be awesome to build my own computer. Ofc id have to get a job to pay for the pieces myself but Big Grin. It'd be fun right?
I have a few questions along with my current specs.
I'm using a lenovo thinkpad SL410 , with 6GB ram shoved into it. I can only play my games on the lowest specs or the computer goes laggy. I believe its because of the graphics card(s?)

Id like to know an estimate of gaming computers. Take into mind, I like 3D MMORPGs. My current game on the PC is Eden Eternal.

I'm thinking I'll need about $3k (3,000)
So lay it on me! I'll take any and all information.
02-15-2015, 11:49 PM,
RE: Wanting to build a gaming PC
I'm not into PC gaming, so I can't be much help, but here's a few suggestions.

Click here to check out the different budget, mainstream, and high-end configurations. This will help you determine what's within your budget.

Also, if you can be more specific about the games you like to play and on what settings, that will help other members suggest the parts that will best suit your purposes.

Hope that helps.
02-16-2015, 01:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2015, 04:03 PM by MathieuB.)
yes you are right, video games benefit mostly on the graphics card but some games also run better on better CPUs. wow 3k is super overkill for a decent gaming pc but anyway i suggest you check the high-end tiers in this website.
02-25-2015, 04:12 PM,
The games you mention shouldn't require a $3K PC. Unless you're playing at 4K, or 3 monitor surround, I'd probably move closer to a $800-1200 range (depending on whether you're including the price of buying a monitor, and how high resolution that monitor is--1080p, 1440p, 4K...etc..).

It also doesn't make much sense to pick out parts now, as the recommendations shift daily, and it sounds like you're a little ways off from clicking "checkout". Smile On the flip-side, it's never too early to start familiarizing yourself with the process of selecting parts, and putting them together. Reading the articles from the link Deer Hunter posted above would be a great start.
GPU: NVIDIA Titan X, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz OC'd @ 4.5GHz, Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4, Mem: 2x Corsair Dominator 2133MHz 8GB, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO, Case: Corsair Carbide 500R, PSU: Corsair TX850M, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14, Case Fans: 4x Cooler Master Excalibur 120mm PWM, Monitors: 3x ViewSonic VX2270SMH-LED in NVIDIA Surround