You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lost
11-29-2014, 01:04 PM,
lost
I just bought a new MOBO, cpu and gpu and thought that since I managed, though not without some trials to build a 2nd computer from the ground up, I'd have no problems at all simply swapping components......till I opened it up and saw how my water cooling system was installed and I grew confused and intimidated. Will this water cooler be hard to remove and re-install? will it even fit on the new mobo? I lost all confidence now in doing it and can't afford to pay someone 120$ +/- to do it for me as those components broke the bank....all for 1 bloody game. I've written to the mobo company to ask if the water cooling system will work with this new board but I won't get an answer till Monday or later now *sigh*.

The new mobo is a maximus 7 formula, cpu is an I-7 4790k quad core HT 4ghz/4.4ghz processor lga 1150 haswell 8mb cache unlocked (I assume that means it's overclocked?) and I went with a Radeon HD 280x rather than the 290 for price and the limited improvement wasn't worth the price difference) The water cooling system is a Corsair cooling hydroseries 50, high performance lga775 lga1366 lga 1156 am2-am3(no idea what 1/2 these numbers are) with the additional problem that I don't have a manual for the water cooler. I don't know what to do I'm so lost, wish I knew someone who'd work for free lol but I don't.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions please let me know. Maybe it's not as complicated as I think and my lack of confidence is unwarranted, but it just seems overwhelming to me right now.
11-29-2014, 03:18 PM,
RE: lost
those all in ones are easy to install, but you need to call corsair and see if it will fit the 1150 socket. it should as the difference are minimal between the 1155 and 1150 but you might need a different bracket.

here is some info:
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/hydro-serie...cpu-cooler
good luck