You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing Myself
08-25-2014, 08:07 PM,
Introducing Myself
Hello to all, I'm new to here. The forum way of life. I would have to say that I'm a noo b all the way. I'm so behind n the times that I'm still getting used to or at least trying to get the internet lingo a.k.a. terms used on the internet these days. In any event I became a member to learn & also meet new interesting individuals that would like to help me on my way. As of right now I'm just starting to really get into technology. I guess it was a spin off of my working on cars, & always wanting to know what makes what do this & that. I am looking to build my own rig, & at the same time I wish to start my own pc repair company. But before i make the mistake that could be avoided by learning all aspects of computer repair. As time goes I'll post more.

My system is a old school cave man gateway 832gm stock.(SadSad:[/b][/font]
08-26-2014, 04:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-26-2014, 04:13 PM by Rapajez.)
RE: Introducing Myself
Welcome to the forums!

I understand the opposite frustration--knowing my PC inside and out, but having to believe whatever the dang car mechanic tells me...

I'm not sure how long it takes someone to go from PC newb to running a repair shop. Kind of like someone who barely understands cars trying to open a garage? Short term, you may want to start small, by building your own first PC. That's what this forum's about Smile

Long term, I'd think you'd probably want to start with some of the official certifications and training, Windows, etc...
GPU: NVIDIA Titan X, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz OC'd @ 4.5GHz, Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4, Mem: 2x Corsair Dominator 2133MHz 8GB, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO, Case: Corsair Carbide 500R, PSU: Corsair TX850M, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14, Case Fans: 4x Cooler Master Excalibur 120mm PWM, Monitors: 3x ViewSonic VX2270SMH-LED in NVIDIA Surround
08-27-2014, 12:35 PM,
ok that sounds like a great way to approach it. Well I am a a pc newb, but i do know somethings. I have taken my gateway 832gm that has a p4 ht cpu...yeah yeah i know its older than dirt. but the point that I'm trying to make is I know certain aspects. My father told me about it Pc repair & I dove in. Now i read, read,read, I would like to learn more of the cloak & dagger computing ways. But i Know that this comes with time. Also what I'd really like to learn & understand is the internet/networking aspect. I do not know how this forum works as in your sitting in front of your terminal waiting or is this you answer when you get back on. I do hope I'm making sense. thank you
08-27-2014, 12:47 PM,
welcome to the site. ive been in the business for right at 30 years and have completed and still retain enough certs to wallpaper my bathroom. i downsized my shop last year and now just have a small shop at the house, mainly because im am a workaholic(becoming too exhausted) and also work for the largest telecom/network companies in the world.

there are several ways to learn but by far the best way is thru a tech school that is state certified and also teach the material and hands on for the CompTia A+ cert. this will be your beginning. next you will need to move on to network training and prepare for the d1 and d2 test for the CCNA cert. then its on to operating systems such as windows server, windows 7, 8 and dont forget about Linux.(linux REDHAT will be the OS that most software defined networks and cloud servers will be based on going forward)

as for books for a teach yourself kind of learning, the best book by far is the Scott Meuler "Upgrading and Repairing PC's. a very good book presented in no nonsense tech talk.

good luck