You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tier 1 -- What Will It Run?
05-10-2014, 07:32 PM,
Tier 1 -- What Will It Run?
I'm saving money from my budget here and there to eventually do the Tier 1 gaming computer recommended in the budget gaming article. I've got a 1680x1050 60Hz monitor that I'll be hooking up to it. Here are my practical concerns, and any insight from Those Who Know would be great:

1) Would it be able to run Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls at a respectable clip?

2) Likewise for Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm, League of Legends, Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2

3) What about streaming?

If anybody has any experience with the recommended Tier 1 gaming setup, let me know what your experience has been! Thanks.
05-11-2014, 11:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 11:20 AM by Brandonsr.)
RE: Tier 1 -- What Will It Run?
That tier will run those games just fine, but Starcraft 2 is a little bit more demanding. You might need to turn down some details to get a comfortable framerate in that game.

As for streaming. I'm not sure that particular tier will be able to handle streaming. Maybe someone else could chime in here.
Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 CPU: i5 3570K Cooler: Water Loop Motherboard: ASrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Z68
Memory:
Corsair Vengeance 8gb] Video Card: EVGA GTX 1070 FE Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w
Storage:
Samsung 840 120gb
Monitor:
Acer S231HLbid 23" Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue
05-12-2014, 09:42 AM,
ive built several dozen machines off of the FX lineup. the tier 1 will run all of those titles that you listed, like brandon said SC2 is demanding in the sense that it is severely single threaded like most MMO and RTS titles and you may have to dial in the detail settings.

as far as streaming, what type of streaming? the 6300 will do great at both video(movie) streaming as well as game streaming(live stream via xsplit or OBS), although the latter is heaviliy multithreaded you will be well better served to upgrade to the 8320 for 40 more bucks. BUT, for the money the 6300 is king at live streaming.

good luck
05-13-2014, 12:47 PM,
Thanks, guys, for the feedback. I'm fine with turning down some details on SC2, so I think I'll move forward on this.

For streaming, I meant doing something like an xsplit recording of myself playing a game. It's not something I'd planned on doing but thought maybe I would try it sometime.