You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quiet/Buzzing freezes, BSODs, Random Resets, Occurs during lengthy downloads
09-18-2014, 11:08 AM,
RE: Quiet/Buzzing freezes, BSODs, Random Resets, Occurs during lengthy downloads
If you bent the CPU pins, wouldn't you need to shop for a new CPU, not a mobo?

Either way, if you want to pick up new parts or do a new build, I recommend starting a new thread.
GPU: NVIDIA Titan X, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz OC'd @ 4.5GHz, Mobo: ASRock Z77 Extreme4, Mem: 2x Corsair Dominator 2133MHz 8GB, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO, Case: Corsair Carbide 500R, PSU: Corsair TX850M, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14, Case Fans: 4x Cooler Master Excalibur 120mm PWM, Monitors: 3x ViewSonic VX2270SMH-LED in NVIDIA Surround
09-18-2014, 03:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-18-2014, 04:12 PM by PwnBroker.)
RE: Quiet/Buzzing freezes, BSODs, Random Resets, Occurs during lengthy downloads
(09-18-2014, 11:08 AM)Rapajez Wrote: If you bent the CPU pins, wouldn't you need to shop for a new CPU, not a mobo?

Either way, if you want to pick up new parts or do a new build, I recommend starting a new thread.

lol he probably talking about the cpu socket pins(intel has pads), unless he has an AMD chip then he would nee a new cpu. if you didnt mash those pins to bits then you might be able to bend them back into place. use a mechanical lead pencil(without the lead installed), .7mm type(the bigger one). it is almost an exact fit for the socket pins, then you can ever so lightly bend them back to the same angle as the neighboring pins.
09-18-2014, 10:04 PM,
(09-18-2014, 03:55 PM)PwnBroker Wrote:
(09-18-2014, 11:08 AM)Rapajez Wrote: If you bent the CPU pins, wouldn't you need to shop for a new CPU, not a mobo?

lol he probably talking about the cpu socket pins(intel has pads), unless he has an AMD chip then he would nee a new cpu. if you didnt mash those pins to bits then you might be able to bend them back into place. use a mechanical lead pencil(without the lead installed), .7mm type(the bigger one). it is almost an exact fit for the socket pins, then you can ever so lightly bend them back to the same angle as the neighboring pins.

It's LGA1155, with the pins in the cpu MB socket. I know I might be able to bend the pins back, but now there's little/no chance Asus will RMA it, and so in my books it's done, and I'm back at looking at a new MB and evaluating the build--thanks all for the input!