You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headset stereo VS 5.1, recommendations
01-16-2014, 12:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2014, 04:25 PM by PwnBroker.)
RE: Headset stereo VS 5.1, recommendations
(01-16-2014, 10:56 AM)Zeeky Wrote: I hear that USB headsets are not so great nor is "simulated" 5.1 sound.

Is this true?

Also I will more then likely order a sound card same time as I do headset.
ASUS Xonar DGX 5.1 PCI-E 1x Sound Card
Probably that.

as far as sound quality, yes. but like i said in the above post, the corsair is about the best ive heard in a simulated usb headset and the coolermaster is about the best ive heard in a "true" 5.1 headset as far as FPS positioning goes. FPS gamers usually are not concerned with the best possible sound but with the best possible 5.1 positioning. also one other thing to remember is that 5.1 surround, either simulated or true, is going to sound different in gaming that it would be listening to music tracks. the reason being is that music is recorded in stereo not surround.

the sennheiser in above post is a good stereo headphone and when paired with a dg or dgx its pretty awesome even with simualted 5.1 off the card. if you can find one the ath-ad700 has a nice wide soundstage that works really well with 5.1 with that card as well and they both will match,as far as impedance goes, with the dg or dgx headphone amp. there are some other 5.1 analog sets that i have not tried such as from tritton, roccat and psyco that have some good reviews.

headphones or headsets is subjective to each user, what might sound great to one person might not sound great to another person. if you can get to a shop and listen to some headsets then that will give you a better idea of what you might like.

there are some other choices on the mainstream gaming page as well.

good luck and if you need help setting up the sound card dont be afraid to ask.