You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help building a gaming PC
12-11-2013, 09:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2013, 11:39 PM by krraka.)
Smile  Help building a gaming PC
Hello everyone!
I am now trying to build my own PC for the first time in my life.
What I want for it is to run videogames 1080p correctly, such as Battlefield 4, and all the games that will appear in the near future.
The problem is that I don't know very much which parts to buy, and, because I live in Argentina, I can't have access to some parts, as they don't come to the country. That's why, if you can, I would like to have some options to choose from each part in case one of them can't be get here.
Also, I don't want it to be very expensive (so something around the $500 and $800 would be ideal).
Hope you can help me.
Thanks.

For now, I was thinking of getting an Nvidia Geforce GTX 760, I wasn't decided whether AMD or Intel for the processor, and not much more... :S
12-12-2013, 02:30 PM,
RE: Help building a gaming PC
a tier 2 from the budget guide would do it and would probably be in your budget range depends on if that includes monitor, keyboard mice OS, etc.

a tier 2 with an upgrade to the fx-8320 would be even better if you could swing a few more bucks.

as far as amd or intel for the AAA titles from major devs, it really doesnt matter. these new games engines loves all of the cores and threads you can throw at them. take for instance BF4, Dice has confirmed that they strive to maximize a 6 core/thread cpu to 90-95% cpu utilization in a 64 player multiplayer server. BF4 can effectively use up to 8 cores/threads.

for poorly developed/underoptimized games from small devs such as total war series, skyrim, etc. intel has an advantage with its higher IPC for single threaded loads.

good luck