You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wont turn on, atx issue??
09-22-2013, 07:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-22-2013, 07:41 AM by Asuryan9.)
Wont turn on, atx issue??
Hey so I put my first computer together, went to power it on and didn't get the mobo screen popping up. my motherboard is a gigabyte z77x-ud5h
And i got a silverstone 500w power supply.

The mobo has a spot for a 8 pin atx. The Psu came with 2 4 pins. One of those will fit into half the 8 pin, but the other doesn't fit in anywhere, it's all one type of not square socket that doesn't go anywhere I can see. Would those 4 pins be enough to power me up?

Mobo lights up, case fans spin, cpu fan spins, i just get nothing to my screen that is plugged into my mobo fromt he back of the computer with one of those blue connectors that screw tight on either end (Sorry not very computer savvy)

Any ideas??

It is turning itself on and off also.
09-22-2013, 10:14 AM,
RE: Wont turn on, atx issue??
Solved. Was plugging screen into mobo not gpu lol
09-22-2013, 01:13 PM,
Re: Wont turn on, atx issue??
Lol. That seems like an extremely easy thing to overlook. Kind of like with my build. I wasn't using a display when I built it so I was waiting for the damn beep from the mobo speaker, only to realize the speaker was broken rofl.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
Here are some links you may find useful.
Forum Rules - Introduce Yourself - Things to know before asking a question
09-22-2013, 01:21 PM,
RE: Wont turn on, atx issue??
Hahah building it was fun. I'm less enthused about the software part lol. Funny how we can make such silly mistakes lol.
09-22-2013, 01:46 PM,
Re: Wont turn on, atx issue??
Oh yeah. I spent hours installing windows updates and various other software that is needed. Always helps when you have ssd though for those frequent reboots.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
Here are some links you may find useful.
Forum Rules - Introduce Yourself - Things to know before asking a question