You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me build a gamin pc for on a budget of $500-600
07-29-2013, 07:26 AM,
Help me build a gamin pc for on a budget of $500-600
Can someone help me build a budget gaming computer for a price around $500-600, this is for a research project and i would appreciate if anyone could help me. since i am very new to this stuff and i would appreciate it if you could answer some of my questions below:

Is it possible to build a gaming computer on a budget of $500? If not what minimum price to build a gaming computer?

What are the certain aspects of the motherboard?
Ie. Do different motherboards fit different CPUs and have different outputs such as integrated audio and NIC?

What are the importance of the case and the power supply and what is a good power supply and case?

What does the term low power parts mean?

What are sandy bridge and ivy bridge chips, do I need to be concerned about these when I am building my computer?
07-29-2013, 08:05 AM,
Re: Help me build a gamin pc for on a budget of $500-600
When you say a gaming computer could you be more specific? What resolution do you wanna play at? What graphic settings do you want? Any game in particular?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
Here are some links you may find useful.
Forum Rules - Introduce Yourself - Things to know before asking a question
07-29-2013, 02:42 PM,
RE: Help me build a gamin pc for on a budget of $500-600
First - welcome to HR!

(07-29-2013, 07:26 AM)romanlam3011 Wrote: Can someone help me build a budget gaming computer for a price around $500-600, this is for a research project and i would appreciate if anyone could help me. since i am very new to this stuff and i would appreciate it if you could answer some of my questions below:

Is it possible to build a gaming computer on a budget of $500? If not what minimum price to build a gaming computer?

What Phrosty said. Need to know what monitor configuration you are looking at and what games at what settings.

(07-29-2013, 07:26 AM)romanlam3011 Wrote: What are the certain aspects of the motherboard?
Ie. Do different motherboards fit different CPUs and have different outputs such as integrated audio and NIC?
Yes, motherboards have to match the architecture of the respective CPUs. For example Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge are both LGA1155, and require motherboards that have LGA1155 slots. AMD has corresponding architectures as well, like AM3 / FM1.
Audio and NIC for most are standard, but if you look at the specifications, it will always tell you what is included & ports.

What will give you a great idea is to read the motherboard section here that was just recently updated:
http://www.hardware-revolution.com/best-...otherboard

(07-29-2013, 07:26 AM)romanlam3011 Wrote: What are the importance of the case and the power supply and what is a good power supply and case?
For a case, the most important is cooling ability. For practical importance knowing how build friendly is it... tool-free, number of mount points/holes, cables included, etc. Other aspects are having ports on the front, number of HDD bays ect.

Power supply is one of the most critical elements of a build. Most everyone here will tell you that a poor quality PSU can essentially kill any build in short time. Always buy quality here, and everything recommended here is a good choice, plus a few choice others picked by members here won't let you down.

(07-29-2013, 07:26 AM)romanlam3011 Wrote: What does the term low power parts mean?
Just refers to how much wattage the component uses at max loads / peak. For computer building, it helps determine the wattage of your PSU (adding in a buffer of 70-100W of course). Also lower power can mean greater efficiency and thus lower operating temperatures and longer life of the component, but not always.

(07-29-2013, 07:26 AM)romanlam3011 Wrote: What are sandy bridge and ivy bridge chips, do I need to be concerned about these when I am building my computer?
Don't forget AMD, which offers good value for performance.
Best to read this write-up by Mathieu, dated last year but gives you an idea.
http://www.hardware-revolution.com/best-cpu-may-2012/

Tried to touch upon all your questions, so hope this helps. In any case let us know what you are looking to play and we'll go from there.

Looking forward to hear what you're looking to build.
CPU: Intel i7-2600K @4.2GHz Mobo: ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 RAM: Corsair Vengence 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3 GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB
SSD: Samsung 830 Series 256GB SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum-1000 80 PLUS Modular ODD: SONY DVD 24x
CPU Cooler: Thermalright SilverArrow Sound: Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty PCI-E Case: CM Storm Trooper
07-29-2013, 08:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2013, 08:47 PM by romanlam3011.)
RE: Help me build a gamin pc for on a budget of $500-600
(07-29-2013, 08:05 AM)Phrosty Wrote: When you say a gaming computer could you be more specific? What resolution do you wanna play at? What graphic settings do you want? Any game in particular?

I'm looking for a computer that could pretty much run modern games, such as Crysis 2 at low pr medium settings and I'm not to sure about the resolution, but i would say the best resolution possible

(07-29-2013, 02:42 PM)pedwards Wrote: First - welcome to HR!

(07-29-2013, 07:26 AM)romanlam3011 Wrote: Can someone help me build a budget gaming computer for a price around $500-600, this is for a research project and i would appreciate if anyone could help me. since i am very new to this stuff and i would appreciate it if you could answer some of my questions below:

What Phrosty said. Need to know what monitor configuration you are looking at and what games at what settings.

(07-29-2013, 07:26 AM)romanlam3011 Wrote: What are the certain aspects of the motherboard?
Yes, motherboards have to match the architecture of the respective CPUs. For example Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge are both LGA1155, and require motherboards that have LGA1155 slots. AMD has corresponding architectures as well, like AM3 / FM1.
Audio and NIC for most are standard, but if you look at the specifications, it will always tell you what is included & ports.

What will give you a great idea is to read the motherboard section here that was just recently updated:
http://www.hardware-revolution.com/best-...otherboard

(07-29-2013, 07:26 AM)romanlam3011 Wrote: What are the importance of the case and the power supply and what is a good power supply and case?
For a case, the most important is cooling ability. For practical importance knowing how build friendly is it... tool-free, number of mount points/holes, cables included, etc. Other aspects are having ports on the front, number of HDD bays ect.

Power supply is one of the most critical elements of a build. Most everyone here will tell you that a poor quality PSU can essentially kill any build in short time. Always buy quality here, and everything recommended here is a good choice, plus a few choice others picked by members here won't let you down.

(07-29-2013, 07:26 AM)romanlam3011 Wrote: What does the term low power parts mean?
Just refers to how much wattage the component uses at max loads / peak. For computer building, it helps determine the wattage of your PSU (adding in a buffer of 70-100W of course). Also lower power can mean greater efficiency and thus lower operating temperatures and longer life of the component, but not always.

(07-29-2013, 07:26 AM)romanlam3011 Wrote: What are sandy bridge and ivy bridge chips, do I need to be concerned about these when I am building my computer?
Don't forget AMD, which offers good value for performance.
Best to read this write-up by Mathieu, dated last year but gives you an idea.
http://www.hardware-revolution.com/best-cpu-may-2012/

Tried to touch upon all your questions, so hope this helps. In any case let us know what you are looking to play and we'll go from there.

Looking forward to hear what you're looking to build.

Thank you for your time in answering my questions and i will definitely share my build but may i ask what your qualifications are since i have to put that in some research source analysis but it is fine if you do not want to.
07-30-2013, 05:46 AM,
Re: Help me build a gamin pc for on a budget of $500-600
No offense but it sounds like you are trying to get people to do the research project for you instead of looking up the information yourself. We have no problem helping people out but this feels different than your normal help thread.

Here are some links you may find useful.
Forum Rules - Introduce Yourself - Things to know before asking a question