You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7950 stutter
05-23-2013, 06:23 PM,
7950 stutter
I recently did a major upgrade of most of the core components to my computer. I did them in stages, with the upgrade to the Gigabyte HD Radeon 7950 being the most recent. I upgraded from a EVGA GTX 460. After the upgrade all seemed to be running smooth with cysis and bio shock infinite that came with the new card. When went back to D3 I noticed that on a regular basis. Like every 10 mins or so I get some ???micro stutter??? Of the background only. My character still moves fluidly and looks normal but for instance item names dropped on the ground look hazy while my character is moving. After it does this for like 30 secs it seems to go back to normal, character and background clearly visible whether I am moving my character or not.

No stutter issues with the much more graphically intense games.

Using latest drivers downloaded from gigabyte website.

I'm thinking its maybe a game specific bug or the only other thing I was thinking is that somehow my monitor is unable to keep up with frame rates from the new card. That seems like a long shot but who knows. Anyways next thing I will be doing is driver cleaner/remove/reinstall of the card.

Anything else I should try?

Thanks,
Zac
Case: CM HAF 922 CPU: I5 3570K CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GPU: Gigabyte AMD RADEON HD 7950 SSD: Sandisk Extreme 240GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB MB: Biostar TZ77 XE4 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB DDR3-1600 Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc PSU: NZXT HALE82 750w Monitor: HP w2338h
05-24-2013, 04:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2013, 04:56 PM by PwnBroker.)
RE: 7950 stutter
its probably frame latencies in that game. they fixed a lot of latency spikes in some games and i thought diablo 3 was one of them but i may be wrong. they are recoding the drivers on a game by game basis.

one thing you might try is to turn vsync off if you have it on. vsync enabled is one thing that can cause microstutter or input lag by itself.

good luck