You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i'd like to build a Moderate gaming computer between 250-550. new to this.
05-01-2013, 10:42 PM,
i'd like to build a Moderate gaming computer between 250-550. new to this.

I'd like to build a pc gamer computer w/ all new components.

does anyone have recommended parts, hardware and software.
I definitely want this in my build
AMD A10-5800K APU 3.8Ghz Processor AD580KWOHJBOX it costs 128.

however what else do I need to currently get medium video settings, and overclock. I am willing to later upgrade parts, like video card if I can.

I know that frys.com
has a nice mid tower called " hoplite white" for $57 but is that compatible

plus do I need a hd radeon video card right now to play crisis 3 at medium settings, and only if so , which one would fit my build I am trying not to hit over $400 but I may be willing to stretch it a little.
05-02-2013, 01:20 AM,
RE: i'd like to build a Moderate gaming computer between 250-550. new to this.
For low cost builds, pretty much any "micro ATX" or "mATX" case will fit your needs, as you'll probably be looking for mATX boards. $57 actually seems kinda steep for a case if you're under that tight a budget, but it's reasonable if you really like the look.
PS - a good idea is to provide newegg or amazon links, as you can get better feedback and we can know exactly what you're referring to...

In general, have you looked at the budget gaming builds on this site? Read below, and you'll see why I suggest the Tier 1 build on that page. Follow this link:
http://www.hardware-revolution.com/budge...-pcs-v3-6/

You're probably going to want to run Windows, so add $100 to the build prices (which don't include the OS), plus RAM is more expensive than it was when the article was posted.

As for your question on the video card, the point of the AMD APU's (your A10 is the best of them) is to not need a discrete/separate video card, as the graphics are built into the chip. However, if you check the Crisis page, their minimum suggested reqs use a video card with double the benchmark score of the video processor in the A10, and the graphics card suggested on the budget builds page are better than that minimum requirement. So you probably want to go with the discrete card if you're hoping to play Crisis... That said, I would NOT get the A10 in this case, as needing the GPU card makes the point of the APU no longer relevant, and the A10 is actually fairly expensive. Basically aim at the Tier 1 level... Save the money and get the Pentium chip suggested.
05-02-2013, 11:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-02-2013, 01:56 PM by PwnBroker.)
what resolutions do you plan on running?

for crysis 3 you will have to add a discrete card to the a-10 for medium up to 1080p, and at a bare minimum you will need an hd7770. there are better alternatives. (although at 1280x720 or similar res you will be able to run it with just the igp on the a10 at med-low with low details). you can always opt to build it with the a10 then later when you have the funds spring for a descent discrete gpu.

i would not go with any of the pentium chips or any other dual core without ht/smt. the mimimum frame rates will be so low you will be griping about the lag more than playing the game. crysis 3, bf3 and any game on those game engines are very multithreaded and make good use of all available cores/threads up to 7 or 8 cores/threads.

on the intel side with a discrete gpu i would bite the bullet and go with the i3(either SB or IB variety whichever is cheaper) and a B75 board. if i were planning on upgrading and OC'ng in the future i would choose a better board.

on the amd side (if i was wanting to cut 40 bucks from the budget) i would go with the phenom ii x4 965 or the fx-4100 with a 970 chipset MB. the phenom draws more power at runs hotter, hence you will need an aftermarket cooler and dont expect much more than a stable 4.0 ghz OC. the fx-4100 runs cooler and under gaming loads it draws about 60-70 watts average. it is also easier to OC and with the "stock" fan you can get a safe and cool overclock comparable to the fx-4170. both of these chips are under 100 bucks and an asus m5a97 board is 79 bucks.

good luck
05-04-2013, 07:55 PM,
i'll be back with links shortly
05-04-2013, 11:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013, 11:22 PM by ejinthewestbay.)
i5, i7, i3 the Asus P8Z77-V LK LGA1155/ Intel Z77/ Quad CrossFireX & Quad SLI/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX is on sale at" http://www.1stchoicememory.com/catalog/v...QgodyW0AwQ"
for 144.89
and i5
"http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?p=I5_650&c=fr&pid=7a19d53190f9da1dc8fc5dde2b2362aae9218bbbd148b5b8c1051e37abc29a3f&gclid=CIqkks2N_rYCFSjZQgoduAMASA"
superbiiz.com

how do I meet my budget with those? that is the cheapest I found!.. .. plus I need a hdd unless I can use my sata 200 from a stock gateway 504gr and my supermulti lg from it as well, but what about a tower will matx still work. or what this looks nice "http://www.frys.com/product/7363704?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG" 44.99

i'd kind of like medium settings on crisis 3, at around close to 400 - 500 for 500 it should have at least windows 7 any other ideas on motherboards and processors
05-05-2013, 12:37 AM,
Thank you all for the input ill research about the fx4100 and asus m5a97 board and a cheap case its gonna be my first build it doesn't need to be better than 1440 x ? Through a vga connected to a widescreen proview monitor ill build another if I can get this right now I just gotta learn how to put the chip in the board do I have to solder? I have put a cd/rw supermulti in without insrtuctions and that took 5 mins on a gateway 504gr and I want to still use it in this build plus I might need to get a cheaper case are there anywebsites that sell this chipset w/motherboad combo cheap?
05-05-2013, 02:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-05-2013, 02:55 AM by fillasophy.)
That mobo is an LGA 1155 socket, while the i5 you've linked in an 1156... Probably this i5 is cheaper because of being a less common socket...

A low end i5 will cost you around $180 or so, and the GPU is going to cost you around $120 or more for one that will run your games at your settings, so these and your mobo are around $450 out of your $500. That leaves $50 for the power supply, RAM, HDD, case, and aftermarket cooler (highly suggested if you're gonna play that high level of games).

Depends on the hard drive, but you can probably use what you have for now, but if you do I'd consider upgrading that ASAP. Also, if you're gutting another computer, you can most likely reuse the case to save some money... It won't have that shiny new feel, but it'll get the job done, at least for now... You can also get away with the stock cooler that comes with the i5, though I don't think many here would suggest it if you can avoid it...

RAM's gonna cost you around $35, which leaves not much for the power supply...

Oh, and soldering is old school - I remember hearing my uncles explaining how hard building a computer was and not understanding at first. Now, everything just clicks, snaps, or levers into place. Once you know what you're doing, a fresh build probably takes 30 - 60 minutes to get all together.
General rule: apply pressure, but DON'T FORCE ANYTHING. If it just isn't going, something's probably not lined up right.

Good luck!
05-05-2013, 03:33 PM,
"http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138345&Tpk=bisostar%20a880gz%20am3%2b%20amd&IsVirtualParent=1"
and
"http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103996"
so how much of a power supply should I get and I am still looking for a atx case. preferably with a psu and wires/cables in it
05-05-2013, 04:56 PM,
Power cables all come out of the PSU, case cables are built into the case, and your mobo will likely come with 2 SATA cables, so you won't need to buy cables. Generally you want to avoid the case/PSU bundles, as those power supplies aren't great.

Based on the other parts you decide to get, use the power calculator linked from this site (use this link: http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp ), input your materials, and go from there. I'd figure you probably want to get around a 500 - 600 W PSU, but for the love of all things, DO NOT GO CHEAP ON THE POWER SUPPLY, unless you like the idea of a $500 paper weight instead of a $500 computer....

As a piece of advice, while I think it's awesome you're trying to work this out on your own, what I did (and what I suggest you do) is go with a budget build off this site. You'll probably want to go with a Tier 1, which balances your performance needs and budget limits, buy the parts (ask the forum what they would switch out if a part is unavailable or too expensive now) and don't overthink the first build. THEN, for the next one in a year or two tinker with different combinations, or start modifying or upgrading the rig you build now. Just, again, if you go with the recommendations, realize that it's another $100 for Windows, and some parts, particularly the RAM, may be more expensive than they were when the budget article was created.

Good luck!!
05-13-2013, 10:37 AM,
ran in into compatibility issues cant find suitible dvd or preferably blu ray drivers to work well with windows 8