You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New PC Power Down After a Few Mins.
04-17-2013, 01:03 PM,
New PC Power Down After a Few Mins.
First off, I am not trying to spam the forum, sorry.
I am trying to help a friend and the nature of his problem is not accurately described in my previous thread.

He has reduced system to MoBo, CPU, PSU, GPU, RAM and the system shuts down between 3 to 5 mins.

I had him reduce RAM to one stick - no joy

The way I see it, it could be a MoBo problem or perhaps a problem with the PSU thermal protection or other PSU issue.

Does anyone have tricks to narrow down the problem?
04-17-2013, 03:31 PM,
RE: New PC Power Down After a Few Mins.
does it shutdown while is windows or bios, or both? can you pull any errors from the dump file or perfmon log?

id boot into bios and see what your temps and voltages are, cause sometimes a high cpu temp can cause shutdowns. then id go back thru cable connections and make sure they are snapped in good.
04-21-2013, 10:25 PM,
RE: New PC Power Down After a Few Mins.
Is the 24 pin power connection fully seated? It seems obvious, but it happened to me one time when I was sure it was seated. It is something to double check.
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 GPU: EVGA GTX 650 2GB SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB HDDs: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB and Western Digital VelociRaptor 500 GB Motherboard: Asus P9X79 Pro RAM: 8x8GB (64GB) G. Skill Ripjaws Z 1600MHz Optical Drives: two Asus DRWB1ST PSU: Seasonic X650 80+ Gold Keyboard: Das Keyboard Professional S Mouse: Logitech Performance MX Tablet: Logitech T650 Monitors: NEC P241W and NEC PA241W Speakers: Bose Companion 3 Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64 bit