You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first build.
04-15-2013, 02:13 PM,
My first build.
I have a 1000$ budget for a gaming PC and this is what i have been thinking about:

CPU cooler:Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

GPU:MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC

CPU:Intel® Core™ i5-3570K

PSU:Corsair TX650

Case:Cooler Master Elite 430

SSD:ADATA Premier Pro SP900 2,5" SSD 64 GB

Motherboard:GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H

HDD:HGST HDS721010CLA332 1 TB

RAM:Corsair DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit

Really worked hard on it as this is my first build and i dont really know much about PCs. If someone can think of any kind of improvement (bottlenecks, incompatibilities, PSU wattage...) please recommend me. Also if someone thinks of a completely different build that works better than this one please tell me. I want the most optimal performance i can get from 1000$.

P.S: I want to play all kind of games with at least medium-high settings with decent fps (60 minimum) and i will also be overclocking in the future.
04-15-2013, 08:27 PM,
RE: My first build.
(04-15-2013, 02:13 PM)wert12 Wrote: I have a 1000$ budget for a gaming PC and this is what i have been thinking about:

Really worked hard on it as this is my first build and i dont really know much about PCs. If someone can think of any kind of improvement (bottlenecks, incompatibilities, PSU wattage...) please recommend me. Also if someone thinks of a completely different build that works better than this one please tell me. I want the most optimal performance i can get from 1000$.

P.S: I want to play all kind of games with at least medium-high settings with decent fps (60 minimum) and i will also be overclocking in the future.

Welcome!!

So from the look of things, you've modified a tier 5 rig from the mainstream page, right?

It would help if you clarified which RAM kit you are getting - in fact, if you could just include newegg or amazon links for everything, that'd be best. I've heard of voltage issues with other parts that can wear out the CPU, for example, so that info will help.

For your SSD is there a particular reason you went for Adata? One of the best liked/rated SSDs for that price/size range is the Crucial M4, which is only about $5 more. I personally went for the slightly bigger 120 GB Samsung 840, which is even better if you're willing to spend $40 more (the install kit is promo'd to $110, plus has a $5 off coupon code):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820147185
Also, it's 9 months old now, but take a gander as the SSD article here if you haven't: http://www.hardware-revolution.com/best-...june-2012/

Also, unless you're going for a particular look, your case's update, the 431, is a little better (has USB 3.0 on front) and about $10 cheaper on newegg.

Also, why the HGST HDD? I've never heard of them, so I'd be a little hesitant to go that way myself.

Good luck on the build!
04-16-2013, 12:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2013, 02:48 PM by wert12.)
(04-15-2013, 08:27 PM)fillasophy Wrote:
(04-15-2013, 02:13 PM)wert12 Wrote: I have a 1000$ budget for a gaming PC and this is what i have been thinking about:

Welcome!!

So from the look of things, you've modified a tier 5 rig from the mainstream page, right?

It would help if you clarified which RAM kit you are getting - in fact, if you could just include newegg or amazon links for everything, that'd be best. I've heard of voltage issues with other parts that can wear out the CPU, for example, so that info will help.

For your SSD is there a particular reason you went for Adata? One of the best liked/rated SSDs for that price/size range is the Crucial M4, which is only about $5 more. I personally went for the slightly bigger 120 GB Samsung 840, which is even better if you're willing to spend $40 more (the install kit is promo'd to $110, plus has a $5 off coupon code):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6820147185
Also, it's 9 months old now, but take a gander as the SSD article here if you haven't: http://www.hardware-revolution.com/best-...june-2012/

Also, unless you're going for a particular look, your case's update, the 431, is a little better (has USB 3.0 on front) and about $10 cheaper on newegg.

Also, why the HGST HDD? I've never heard of them, so I'd be a little hesitant to go that way myself.

Good luck on the build!

Well unfortunately i live in Spain and Newegg doesnt ship here, so i buy the hardware from a spanish site that ships from Germany, as the components are cheaper there. I can post some links from there but i dont know if you will understand, sorry...

CPU:http://www.alternate.es/html/product/information/pageBuilder.html?articleId=965971&kind=pcBuilder

CPUcooler:http://www.alternate.es/html/product/information/pageBuilder.html?articleId=915234&kind=pcBuilder

GPU:http://www.alternate.es/html/product/information/pageBuilder.html?articleId=1024255&kind=pcBuilder

PSU:http://www.alternate.es/html/product/information/pageBuilder.html?articleId=1037111&kind=pcBuilder

Case:http://www.alternate.es/html/product/information/pageBuilder.html?articleId=1023744&kind=pcBuilder

SSD:http://www.alternate.es/html/product/information/pageBuilder.html?articleId=988416&kind=pcBuilder

HDD:http://www.alternate.es/html/product/information/pageBuilder.html?articleId=144626&kind=pcBuilder

RAM:http://www.alternate.es/html/product/information/pageBuilder.html?articleId=781804&kind=pcBuilder

Motherboard:http://www.alternate.es/html/product/information/pageBuilder.html?articleId=993353&kind=pcBuilder

If the links redirect you to the main page it is because of the site, but im not sure if they will. If info doesnt appear you have to click "más información". Some things are in spanish and other in german, but i think that it is not difficult to understand... but again im really sorry for this...

About the HDD, i friend of mine recommended me this one as he also built his own PC a few weeks ago and he said that it works really good and that it is the cheapest one out there. HGST is made by Hitachi, and i dont think that its quality is bad, but if you say that other HDD works better with my build, ill check it out. For the SSD i think that 64 GB is enough for me and i just clicked on the first one that i found with a reasonable price as i dont really know which one is the best, but ill have a look at the ones you have said.
04-16-2013, 07:30 PM,
I see; well, on your site the CoolerMaster Elite 431 is 5 euros (that is the symbol for the euro, no? ) more, and to get the USB 3.0 you'd have to pay about 15 more for the "plus" version. I'd go with your pick. Really a case is about space and design, so if you like it, go for it.

As for the SSD, the Crucial m4 is one of the more highly recommended, particularly on this site, so if you're willing to spend the extra 2 euros for it, I'd go for that.

Other than that I'd say it's a pretty good looking setup. Still not sure how I feel about the HGST HDD, but if it came suggested by a friend I'd give it a shot.
04-17-2013, 06:25 AM,
Actually, Hitachi drives are the worse in the industry when it comes to reliability, so I'd stay far away from them.

+1 for the Crucial M4, it offers good performance at a great price and it's highly reliable (I use one in my own laptop, gives you an idea.)
Laptop: MSI GS30 Shadow-045 Dimensions: 12.6" x 8.9" x 0.8" 2.65lbs CPU: Intel Core i7-4870HQ Quad-Core + Hyper-Threading OC 2.5-3.9GHz RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz Video Card: Intel Iris Pro 5200 Storage: 2x128GB SDD RAID0 Audio: ASUS Xonar U3 USB Sound Card + Audio-Technica ATH-M50 headphones Screen: 13.3" - 1920 x 1080 IPS + 27" Dell P2715Q IPS 3840 x 2160 Keyboard: Filco Majestouch MX Cherry Blue Mouse: Logitech MX518
04-17-2013, 01:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-17-2013, 02:15 PM by wert12.)
(04-17-2013, 06:25 AM)MathieuB Wrote: Actually, Hitachi drives are the worse in the industry when it comes to reliability, so I'd stay far away from them.

+1 for the Crucial M4, it offers good performance at a great price and it's highly reliable (I use one in my own laptop, gives you an idea.)

Well i have just realized the importance of the drive and i am getting Western Digital Caviar Black (i have just found out how cheap it is, just 80 euros...) and for the SSD i will be getting ADATA S510 60GB as the site that i am shopping from has a very small variety of storage components (I havent found a 64GB version of Crucial M4, just 128GB) and because i need something cheap and not really that much storage.

One last question:

I have been asking for opinions on other forums (this has been the most helpful one btw) and someone told me that the RAM i have chosen could hit the bottom of my CPU cooler. Is that true? Can i solve this by changing the motherboard/case? I prefer not to change the RAM as i cant afford to spend more on the low profile version and i have also read that it is really bad for overclocking.

Also, can you suggest me any monitor at around 200$?
04-17-2013, 04:57 PM,
(04-17-2013, 01:10 PM)wert12 Wrote:
(04-17-2013, 06:25 AM)MathieuB Wrote: Actually, Hitachi drives are the worse in the industry when it comes to reliability, so I'd stay far away from them.

Well i have just realized the importance of the drive and i am getting Western Digital Caviar Black (i have just found out how cheap it is, just 80 euros...) and for the SSD i will be getting ADATA S510 60GB as the site that i am shopping from has a very small variety of storage components (I havent found a 64GB version of Crucial M4, just 128GB) and because i need something cheap and not really that much storage.

One last question:

I have been asking for opinions on other forums (this has been the most helpful one btw) and someone told me that the RAM i have chosen could hit the bottom of my CPU cooler. Is that true? Can i solve this by changing the motherboard/case? I prefer not to change the RAM as i cant afford to spend more on the low profile version and i have also read that it is really bad for overclocking.

Also, can you suggest me any monitor at around 200$?

if you point the cooler/fan toward the back of the case the ram will fit. you can adjust the fan brack up a bit if it touches the ram or if you use a single fan put it on the other side in a pull config.

dont know about what monitors might be available in europe.

good luck
04-17-2013, 05:10 PM,
Thank You very much to everyone for your help!
04-17-2013, 07:11 PM,
(04-17-2013, 01:10 PM)wert12 Wrote: for the SSD i will be getting ADATA S510 60GB as the site that i am shopping from has a very small variety of storage components (I havent found a 64GB version of Crucial M4, just 128GB) and because i need something cheap and not really that much storage.

I found the Crucial m4 on your site yesterday, and I'm pretty sure it was the 64GB version... (I did notice the site was down when I went to check just now, so not sure if I missed it, otherwise I'd provide the link)
04-18-2013, 01:29 AM,
(04-17-2013, 07:11 PM)fillasophy Wrote:
(04-17-2013, 01:10 PM)wert12 Wrote: for the SSD i will be getting ADATA S510 60GB as the site that i am shopping from has a very small variety of storage components (I havent found a 64GB version of Crucial M4, just 128GB) and because i need something cheap and not really that much storage.

I found the Crucial m4 on your site yesterday, and I'm pretty sure it was the 64GB version... (I did notice the site was down when I went to check just now, so not sure if I missed it, otherwise I'd provide the link)

I have checked again and you are right, there is a 64Gb version, but it is an M4? It is called Crucial CT064M4SSD2CCA, but ill guess that it is the same. It also looks weird, in the pics of its description there is a CD and a cable that come with it.