You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belated Hello!
03-31-2013, 07:28 AM,
Belated Hello!
Hi, new to the forum and the whole PC building thing.
I should have posted this yesterday before posting on the build forum, my bad.

My experience so far has been swapping a GPU and some RAM, so I'm still a bit apprehensive about putting this entire system >here together when it arrives.

I'm based in Scotland, so my pricing is in £'s Smile
03-31-2013, 09:25 PM,
RE: Belated Hello!
Welcome aboard, good luck with the build!
Follow Me on Twitter

CPU: Intel i5 2500k Motherboard: ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Z68 Video Card: Sapphire Radeon 6870 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550w Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: Antec 300 Illusion Monitor: ASUS 23" 5ms 1080p Mouse: Logitech G500
04-01-2013, 07:24 AM,
(03-31-2013, 09:25 PM)ApexBoost Wrote: Welcome aboard, good luck with the build!

Thanks ApexBoost Smile

I've already had some great advice from this forum and its members with regards to what I have chosen to use components wise.

With that and the great tips section and links on here I feel a bit more confident than I did when I first decided self build was the best value way to go.

I'll be sure to post some pics when... if... nah, when I get it complete Wink
04-02-2013, 05:01 AM,
Hello & welcome! (a bit late, but I've been engrossed in my own build lately Smile )

The posts and forums are great, aren't they? But yes, you and your son should enjoy the build process - and learn you will! I remember I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out why my computer wouldn't turn on with my first build... turns out I hadn't plugged in the 8-pin power supply for the CPU... doh! But that's the fun of it, too.

Looking forward to those picks! Good luck!
(PS - not sure what look your son is going for, but as a general rule shiny is nice - consider getting a cold cathode tube or LED strip (maybe even a small blacklight - might make those green fans look wild) if you want to spruce it up a bit. just a thought Smile )