You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HIS Radeon 6870 fan noise
02-04-2013, 04:58 PM,
HIS Radeon 6870 fan noise
I bought this GPU back in August 2012 with no problems but recently (Yesterday) I believe the fan is spinning very loudly, the GPU vibrates violently and makes the entire case shake.

The performance is fine, no problems whatsoever. If I bump my tower a bit the sound stops then starts up again after a while, sometimes bumping it doesn't cease the sound though. Shutting off the PC then turning it back on eliminates the sound but then if I start a game (Sometimes) the sound will begin. I believe it's because the GPU usage speeds up the fan.

I couldn't find any details on warranty inside the box aside from "Caution: warranty void if end user dissemble the cooling fan and change card configurations."
02-04-2013, 05:43 PM,
RE: HIS Radeon 6870 fan noise
if i remember HIS offers a 2 year manufacturer limited warranty. you will need the original proof of purchase. depending on the vendor, they may offer a replacement but most times thats only for 30 days.

sounds like to me the fan is going bad thats why it gets worse at full throttle. whatever you do dont open it up as that will void the warranty.
02-05-2013, 03:45 PM,
(02-04-2013, 05:43 PM)PwnBroker Wrote: if i remember HIS offers a 2 year manufacturer limited warranty. you will need the original proof of purchase. depending on the vendor, they may offer a replacement but most times thats only for 30 days.

sounds like to me the fan is going bad thats why it gets worse at full throttle. whatever you do dont open it up as that will void the warranty.

I have the fancy box it came in, it has a bar code and such, does that count? I don't have the receipt from delivery.
02-05-2013, 04:19 PM,
Where did you order it from? I believe newegg has a thing in your account showing what you have purchased and you can print off a proof of purchase. But make sure you call the company and see what they are willing to do.
Here are some links you may find useful.
Forum Rules - Introduce Yourself - Things to know before asking a question
02-05-2013, 04:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-07-2013, 04:33 PM by TTrinh.)
(02-05-2013, 04:19 PM)Phrosty Wrote: Where did you order it from? I believe newegg has a thing in your account showing what you have purchased and you can print off a proof of purchase. But make sure you call the company and see what they are willing to do.

The fan noise has ceased for the past day, not sure if I should still spend $ on RMA just to have to sent back with no fix if no problem is present.