You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Game Crashes and BSOD
12-23-2012, 03:59 PM,
Random Game Crashes and BSOD
I've been having trouble recently (probably the last 2-3 weeks) with random game crashes on Steam and other games where the client or game will crash unexpectedly for no obvious reason. Additionally, I have had several random computer restarts and a few BSOD's. I have ran virus scans and boot scan checks for any viruses or malware, but both malware bytes and avast have yet to find any problems. On the BSOD that I was able to get a quick look at, all I could remember reading was something sayign Memory Management, and when doing the boot scan for viruses using Avast I saw what looked like a corrupt file (or something of that nature) in one of my hard disk files from Company of Heroes (which is not currently installed on my computer). Any tips would be appreciated. I know this information may not be that helpful, but I don't know what next steps I should take troubleshoot the errors. Thanks.
Case: Corsair 600T CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K CPU Cooler: NZXT Havik 140 GPU: Asus GTX 670 DC2T SSD: Crucial M4 256GB HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H RAM: 4x4GB (16GB) Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600MHz Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc 24X PSU: Seasonic X750 80+ Gold Sound Card: Asus Xonar DG Keyboard: Logitech G110 Monitor: Asus VH238H 23" LED