You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer losing boot drive occasionally
11-25-2012, 08:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-25-2012, 08:44 AM by Konvikt.)
RE: Computer losing boot drive occasionally
Could there be a capacitor/condensator loose or a pin broken/fractured around the location of where the cables are. Perhaps a mobo part is defective, making it a very local problem.

Turn off the pc and expose the mobo. No static electricity!! Slightly (and I do mean ever so slightly) tap capacitors/condensators to check if they are loose or bulgy (defective).

I recently had a defective supercap in a cd-player (yeah, that's right) I own. The guy that fixed it for me measured no resistance going through it, making my cd-player do random things. Tiny crap ass part was broken.

That just popped in. Maybe you could try it?

Edit:

It could even be a bit smudgy or deteriorated solder around the location of where the cables should connect.
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB. CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 4,4gHz. Mobo: Asrock Z87 Extreme4. PSU: Corsair RM1000i. GPU: ASUS Strix 980ti. RAM: G.Skill TridentX 2400mHz C10 2x8gb. SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 256gb. OS: Win7. HDD: WD Digital Red 2tb. More! I need more!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Computer losing boot drive occasionally - by Konvikt - 11-25-2012, 08:42 AM