You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSOD-Asus sabertooth 990fx New build
10-29-2012, 11:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-29-2012, 11:16 PM by networkz.)
Hey guys, I made a post earlier on my build because I previously had a red CPU light error. Smile well I got that fixed I bought a new pcu, HDD, and a new copy of windows 7 got it all installed at memory express and got to Install windows 7 and hit the bios.

I did do any updates to the system or to the bios. It just updated when I installed and when I connected to the net no updates came up.

So since everything was running good I brought it home. I installed a few programs like fraps and smite because I play that game quite a bit. I noticed the.game would freeze up and I keep getting the bsod error with memory dump.

Even if I keep the pc on the main screen it does it. Under no load or any load. And usually about 5-20 minutes between startup.

No oveerheating that I can tell at all.

Here is my build

Asus sabertooth 990fx mobo
AMD fx 6200 AMD3+ 3.8 GHz cpu
4gb g skill ripjaw series ram
Evga GTs 250 gpu
HX650W corsair proffesional series PSU
Seagate 1 TB Hdd
Lynksis wireless PCI internet card
Windows 7 64 bit home premium

There are no updates or bios updates besides the ones that came with the mono startup disk and the ones that came with the windows 7 disk. But the pc wont stay on long enough to do anything I don't think.

Please reply, I will keep replying to posts. Thanks Smile
10-30-2012, 09:16 AM,
RE: BSOD-Asus sabertooth 990fx New build
whats the build number on the bios that is loaded? you need 0901 or higher. it does not update automatically, you can either update it thru AI suite II or download from asus support iso flash to a usb and install in bios.(the better method). the latest tested is 1604.

what does the memory dump and bsod output messages tell you?

the 2 fx update patches from microsoft do not automatically download and apply as far as i know, you have to install those 2 manually.

good luck
10-30-2012, 09:17 AM,
Might be bad RAM. Test it with memtest or something similar.
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 GPU: EVGA GTX 650 2GB SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB HDDs: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB and Western Digital VelociRaptor 500 GB Motherboard: Asus P9X79 Pro RAM: 8x8GB (64GB) G. Skill Ripjaws Z 1600MHz Optical Drives: two Asus DRWB1ST PSU: Seasonic X650 80+ Gold Keyboard: Das Keyboard Professional S Mouse: Logitech Performance MX Tablet: Logitech T650 Monitors: NEC P241W and NEC PA241W Speakers: Bose Companion 3 Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
10-30-2012, 10:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-30-2012, 10:25 AM by networkz.)
Re: BSOD-Asus sabertooth 990fx New build
Memtest was ok I got ai suite 2 but after I installed it I started getting the bsod error. I will try and get it updated. I hope. Lol.

As well as. Can I download the patches from a different pc and put them on a USB stick then transfer the 2 for the pc and use the 1 for the bios. Just trying to see if there is an easier way to update without using the system until it needs to update lol. If that makes any sense to you guys.

I just want to download the patches and bios update on my old computer and transfer them to my new one via USB or ehdd
10-30-2012, 11:42 AM,
You should be able to do that.
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 GPU: EVGA GTX 650 2GB SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB HDDs: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB and Western Digital VelociRaptor 500 GB Motherboard: Asus P9X79 Pro RAM: 8x8GB (64GB) G. Skill Ripjaws Z 1600MHz Optical Drives: two Asus DRWB1ST PSU: Seasonic X650 80+ Gold Keyboard: Das Keyboard Professional S Mouse: Logitech Performance MX Tablet: Logitech T650 Monitors: NEC P241W and NEC PA241W Speakers: Bose Companion 3 Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
10-30-2012, 12:04 PM,
(10-30-2012, 10:08 AM)networkz Wrote: Memtest was ok I got ai suite 2 but after I installed it I started getting the bsod error. I will try and get it updated. I hope. Lol.

As well as. Can I download the patches from a different pc and put them on a USB stick then transfer the 2 for the pc and use the 1 for the bios. Just trying to see if there is an easier way to update without using the system until it needs to update lol. If that makes any sense to you guys.

I just want to download the patches and bios update on my old computer and transfer them to my new one via USB or ehdd

yes the iso file from asus is the most reliable and i have found that the update tool in the AI suite does not work in some instances.

for the bios go to the asus website under support tab and downloads. input your motherboard model and revision in the search bar. then your OS type. it will bring up all the bios and drivers for that board. tick the plus tab beside bios and expand. underneath the most recent bios there is a download tab. download the file to the usb, and unzip it to the usb drive. refer to your manual on how to use the flash utility in bios to update. its as simple as going to the advanced tab, flash utility and highlighting the file, then apply.

the easiest place to get the windows 7 patches without having to search thru the microsoft site is here, it is a safe download and hopefully they havent taken it down. windows 8 does not require these patches as they are already built into that OS:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/AMD-Bulldoze...-2831.html

download them to your usb stick and transfer them when you get the bios updated.

good luck
10-30-2012, 03:13 PM,
Forgot to mention it says that a clock interrupt was not recieved on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval. ?? What is this.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
10-30-2012, 03:58 PM,
(10-30-2012, 03:13 PM)networkz Wrote: Forgot to mention it says that a clock interrupt was not recieved on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval. ?? What is this.

that is a bios related issue. you can get it from overclock not being stable but it was an issue a year or so ago with several MB manufacturers and the fx processors.
10-30-2012, 04:02 PM,
Ok so I updated the BIOS with ez flash utility because I couldnt figure out buupdater. And so far so good. All the hardware is working and it runs my games like a pro Smile thanks to all of the people who helped me out Smile favourite pc by far, got my own sweat blood and frustration in this thing lol.

10-30-2012, 04:13 PM,
Blood huh?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Here are some links you may find useful.
Forum Rules - Introduce Yourself - Things to know before asking a question