You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red CPU light always on. AMD sabertooth 990fx AMD 6200 fx CPU. First boot
10-04-2012, 11:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2012, 11:19 AM by PwnBroker.)
RE: Red CPU light always on. AMD sabertooth 990fx AMD 6200 fx CPU. First boot
when you get all of your components together and load your OS with updates, theres a couple of things you will need to look at to update that FX cpu.

first check bios, with that board, you will need a minimum of 0901 release. the latest release is better, 1208 or 1304 available for asus' website. hopefully is a latest production board with at least 0901 or above. this fixes some problems related to stability and the STEAM app problem.

next you will need to download two windows 7 patches. KB2645594, KB2646060 in that order. download the first one and apply, then download and apply the next one. do a google search and it should bring up a quick link from guru3d.com. thats the easiest way to do it cause it is a pain to find the correct patches on the microsoft support page. these two patches fixes the scheduler and core parking problems with bulldozer. it will only yield a 2% boost but the main problem it fixes is the lag time it takes from a core going from sleep state to active state. this is especially important if you have more than one app open at a time, you will notice the lag time without the patches. if using windows 8, no need for them as that problem does not exist with that OS.

of course if you decided on an intel chip since your last post then discard the above tips.

good luck.
10-07-2012, 06:44 PM,
Re: RE: Red CPU light always on. AMD sabertooth 990fx AMD 6200 fx CPU. First boot
(10-04-2012, 11:16 AM)PwnBroker Wrote: when you get all of your components together and load your OS with updates, theres a couple of things you will need to look at to update that FX cpu.

first check bios, with that board, you will need a minimum of 0901 release. the latest release is better, 1208 or 1304 available for asus' website. hopefully is a latest production board with at least 0901 or above. this fixes some problems related to stability and the STEAM app problem.

next you will need to download two windows 7 patches. KB2645594, KB2646060 in that order. download the first one and apply, then download and apply the next one. do a google search and it should bring up a quick link from guru3d.com. thats the easiest way to do it cause it is a pain to find the correct patches on the microsoft support page. these two patches fixes the scheduler and core parking problems with bulldozer. it will only yield a 2% boost but the main problem it fixes is the lag time it takes from a core going from sleep state to active state. this is especially important if you have more than one app open at a time, you will notice the lag time without the patches. if using windows 8, no need for them as that problem does not exist with that OS.

of course if you decided on an intel chip since your last post then discard the above tips.

good luck.

If I wanted to switch to Intel i would have to get a new mobo and CPU, since my mobo is AMD only I think??? Lol.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
10-08-2012, 05:36 AM,
That is correct.
Dota 2 Beta Tester
Extreme Starcraft II Geek
Still studies Calculus BC in Freshman year..
10-08-2012, 12:33 PM,
(10-07-2012, 06:44 PM)networkz Wrote:
(10-04-2012, 11:16 AM)PwnBroker Wrote: when you get all of your components together and load your OS with updates, theres a couple of things you will need to look at to update that FX cpu.

good luck.

If I wanted to switch to Intel i would have to get a new mobo and CPU, since my mobo is AMD only I think??? Lol.

lol, yeah just thought i would mention that in case you changed your mind and went with intel. guess i shouldve use the term intel "platform", lol, for the non-technical folks.
10-08-2012, 06:38 PM,
Re: RE: Red CPU light always on. AMD sabertooth 990fx AMD 6200 fx CPU. First boot
(10-08-2012, 12:33 PM)PwnBroker Wrote:
(10-07-2012, 06:44 PM)networkz Wrote:

good luck.

lol, yeah just thought i would mention that in case you changed your mind and went with intel. guess i shouldve use the term intel "platform", lol, for the non-technical folks.

Lol, alright, well thank you for the info. I will post again here once I get my parts Smile