You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CMOS Fail
09-29-2012, 10:13 AM,
CMOS Fail
So I made pretty much a Tier 4 Mainstream back in June. Only changes being:

NZXT HALE90 80 Plus Gold 850 Watt Power Supply with Modular Cable
EVGA GTX 670 FTW
SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB
SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5-Inch 256GB SATA III
Corsair 600T

It has been running well (really enjoying my games), but with a few hickups I wanted to write in and check on. I'm not proficient enough to really know about these. When it boots up, on the second splash screen it references a CMOS Fail. I haven't done anything with this, as it pretty much just pauses there for a second and proceeds normally into Windows and seems to work fine.

The second thing I notice is that when I am accessing data on the HDD, it seems to take a while, like it's coming out of sleep mode. I have my programs like iTunes, games etc loaded on the SSD, and the data files like my music library loaded onto the HDD. So like when I click a song to play in iTunes for the first time in a while during a session, it takes a three or four count and I hear an audible click before it starts playing. Is this a bad sign for my HDD?

And third I just got a random BSOD this morning. 0x0000007E with SYMEFA64.SYS. Which I am guessing has something to do with Norton Anti-Virus.

I just wanted to check with the people who know what they are doing to see if these are issues that need to be fixed and how I can fix them. Thanks in advance for the help.
10-01-2012, 01:08 PM,
RE: CMOS Fail
CMOS: CMOS is related to your motherboard. First try to reset your CMOS on your motherboard. If that doesn't work, you will have to either reinstall your BIOS for your motherboard or install a newer version. To clear the CMOS, you can remove the battery on your motherboard and reinstalling it.

HDD: What power management level are you on? Under Control Panels/System and Security/Power Options, there are many options to choose from. Go to your current power setting and click on "Change Plan Settings." Under there, click on "Change Advanced Power Settings" and a window will pop up. Look for "Hard Disk" and expand it. Here you can change when Windows turn off your hard disk, you may have it very low and Windows is turning it off frequently.

BSOD: Yea that looks like its caused by you having more than 1 anti virus, Microsoft suggests to uninstall Norton, and use their Security Essentials... lol
Desktop: CPU: Intel Core i5 2500 3.30GHz RAM: G.Skill 8GB MOBO: ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Video Card: SLI MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 768 SSD: Corsair Force 3 60GB HDD: Samsung F3 1TB Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Mouse: Storm Sentinal Z3RO-G Keyboard: Das Keyboard Silent/Filco Majestouch 2 Speakers: Behringer MS-16 Headphones: Alessandro MS-1/Shure SRH440 modded Router: D-Link Xtreme DIR-655 Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM De-anti-glared Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X120e/Thinkpad T430