You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Torchlight 2
09-25-2012, 08:03 PM,
Torchlight 2
Hey there,

I am having a little trouble with online gaming. I am on and my cousin is also on. We added our usernames to each others friend list. When either one of us creates a game it is not visible after a refresh. It does not matter whether we search friends only or not.

I think the problem is on my end though. Even when I get on to select any game there are only 3 visible in the que out of 4000 or so. He has a whole page or more of games to join. And if I add any filters I just get no games at all.

I scoured the runic games forums and there is a thread that has "trouble connecting with friends" or something like that as the topic but of course he sent in a call tag and was going to reply with whatever answer he got. That was sept. 25th and there is still no answer.

I also tried adding some rules for the port forwarding based on this. I made a custom rule in my router for each of the numbers, based on this article from the site.(Most anything to do with ports and port forwarding etc is reaching the edge of my know how) https://support.runicgames.com/kb_articl...-TUAF-2067
I am not sure if 4 rules is the proper way to do it. After that made no difference I deleted them all cause i don't really know wtf they do.

Sorry in advance, I know we are HARDWARE revolution here, but I like this smaller community and I dont know if I can stand belonging to another message board.

If anyone has any tip, trick, or link that might be useful it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Zac
Case: CM HAF 922 CPU: I5 3570K CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GPU: Gigabyte AMD RADEON HD 7950 SSD: Sandisk Extreme 240GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB MB: Biostar TZ77 XE4 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB DDR3-1600 Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc PSU: NZXT HALE82 750w Monitor: HP w2338h
09-27-2012, 02:59 PM,
RE: Torchlight 2
there is one other port if you use tunngle, 11155. you can do the first 4 ports as a range and add that one to it in a single entry instead of four seperate entires.

also, did you create a static ip in tcp/ip in your local area connection before you forwarded your ports? if not, then that may be your problem, cause every time your machine or router reboots its going to automatically assisgn you a different ip address and your forwarded ports will no longer work.

if you dont know how to do that, then google "how to forward ports on your router", look for the very simple tutorial from pcworld.

good luck
09-27-2012, 06:30 PM,
Try seeing if its really an issue with your ports. Throw your computer into DMZ or open all ports and see if the problem still persists. Make sure you put your computer back out of the DMZ or close all ports again though.
Desktop: CPU: Intel Core i5 2500 3.30GHz RAM: G.Skill 8GB MOBO: ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Video Card: SLI MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 768 SSD: Corsair Force 3 60GB HDD: Samsung F3 1TB Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Mouse: Storm Sentinal Z3RO-G Keyboard: Das Keyboard Silent/Filco Majestouch 2 Speakers: Behringer MS-16 Headphones: Alessandro MS-1/Shure SRH440 modded Router: D-Link Xtreme DIR-655 Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM De-anti-glared Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X120e/Thinkpad T430
09-28-2012, 09:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-28-2012, 04:47 PM by PwnBroker.)
one other thing you might check is that sometimes some antivirus/and or firewall will block files even though you correctly setup your router and some third party antivirus do not play well with some games.

you might need to set exceptions for TL2 in win7 firewall options or whatever security you have enabled, although win7 is usually pretty good at automatically adding the exception when you install a game. like ichigeki said, you can disable your nat for a minute to test if its the router ports and likewise for your firewall settings, but not both at the same time.

good luck
09-30-2012, 10:30 AM,
I starting with putting the computer to DMZ and I still got the same problem. I also ran through setting up the static IP after and then adding the appropriate rules as listed on the link. I realize DMZ should have had everything open anyways but I figured I would give it a shot and it did not work of course.

TL2 launcher and game are both exceptions checked off in windows firewall. I use AVG free for virus and does not have the firewall installed.

If there is any other information I can give you through a screen shot or just some settings you would like to know and see if they need changing, just let me know

I appreciate the help.
Case: CM HAF 922 CPU: I5 3570K CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GPU: Gigabyte AMD RADEON HD 7950 SSD: Sandisk Extreme 240GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB MB: Biostar TZ77 XE4 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB DDR3-1600 Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc PSU: NZXT HALE82 750w Monitor: HP w2338h
10-01-2012, 02:11 PM,
(09-30-2012, 10:30 AM)BigZacDiesel Wrote: I starting with putting the computer to DMZ and I still got the same problem. I also ran through setting up the static IP after and then adding the appropriate rules as listed on the link. I realize DMZ should have had everything open anyways but I figured I would give it a shot and it did not work of course.

TL2 launcher and game are both exceptions checked off in windows firewall. I use AVG free for virus and does not have the firewall installed.

If there is any other information I can give you through a screen shot or just some settings you would like to know and see if they need changing, just let me know

I appreciate the help.

theres some games that can be affected by AVG. id disable it and run it again to see if you can connect. i think i remember someone else having problems with TL2 and AVG.

good luck