You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shutting down every hour
09-22-2012, 07:20 PM,
RE: Shutting down every hour
It's most likely your motherboard. If there are any broken capactiors, that is the problem.
Dota 2 Beta Tester
Extreme Starcraft II Geek
Still studies Calculus BC in Freshman year..
09-23-2012, 11:27 AM,
I flashed the BIOS with update.
I increased CPU speed to 4600MHz from 3400(temp is surprisingly stable and I'm tempted to go higher)
Not sure how to check ram voltage the MB tuning software shows DRAM Voltage at 1.650 it never moves. The only number I see moving on the hardware monitor is the Vcore Voltage which is moving around between 1.050-1.074

The system locked up and crashed 1 hour later.

Unreal.

The fact that your CPU temperature is surprisingly stable, is due to the low core Voltage. If you increase that, you will increase the temperature as well. I suspect instability if you overclock further though, due to lack of power. You just proved your CPU to be ok. That's not the problem either.

That DRAM Voltage seems to be a bit on the high side. Are you sure you can't tweak that? I'm not familiar with newer BIOS features so I am not an expert at how to do this. I know it's possible.

Next thing you can indeed do as Ricky said, check your mobo for broken capacitors. They should be flat if functional and slightly bulging if broken. Then it is indeed your mobo.
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB. CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 4,4gHz. Mobo: Asrock Z87 Extreme4. PSU: Corsair RM1000i. GPU: ASUS Strix 980ti. RAM: G.Skill TridentX 2400mHz C10 2x8gb. SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 256gb. OS: Win7. HDD: WD Digital Red 2tb. More! I need more!
09-23-2012, 02:36 PM,
(09-23-2012, 11:27 AM)Konvikt Wrote: I flashed the BIOS with update.
I increased CPU speed to 4600MHz from 3400(temp is surprisingly stable and I'm tempted to go higher)
Not sure how to check ram voltage the MB tuning software shows DRAM Voltage at 1.650 it never moves. The only number I see moving on the hardware monitor is the Vcore Voltage which is moving around between 1.050-1.074

The system locked up and crashed 1 hour later.

Unreal.

The fact that your CPU temperature is surprisingly stable, is due to the low core Voltage. If you increase that, you will increase the temperature as well. I suspect instability if you overclock further though, due to lack of power. You just proved your CPU to be ok. That's not the problem either.

That DRAM Voltage seems to be a bit on the high side. Are you sure you can't tweak that? I'm not familiar with newer BIOS features so I am not an expert at how to do this. I know it's possible.

Next thing you can indeed do as Ricky said, check your mobo for broken capacitors. They should be flat if functional and slightly bulging if broken. Then it is indeed your mobo.

I have given mb a good look don't see anything that can be characterized as bulging capacitors.

I can tweak the Dram Voltage easily via mb's tuning utility...are you recommending to tweak it down?
09-23-2012, 06:55 PM,
id leave it at default, you probably got 1.65v memory sticks.

did you look into the event log to see if gives you any clue to the crash?
09-24-2012, 10:35 AM,
Check the ram for the voltage. Like Pwn says it could be 1.65V ram sticks. If not, then tweak it down and see if it crashes after 1 hour again.
Case: Cooler Master HAF XB. CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 4,4gHz. Mobo: Asrock Z87 Extreme4. PSU: Corsair RM1000i. GPU: ASUS Strix 980ti. RAM: G.Skill TridentX 2400mHz C10 2x8gb. SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 256gb. OS: Win7. HDD: WD Digital Red 2tb. More! I need more!
09-25-2012, 03:33 PM,
From ASROCK support:

Hi Attila,

Please check the CPU and system are not over heated.

Test with 1 memory stick in A1 slot, try with another memory if its same issue.

Test with another known good HDD to eliminate the SSD issue.

Thank you

ASRock America Support Team

2/3 of these has been done....So I will have to remove my SSD install windows on my HDD and check this out after this I'm done. If this continues time for new MB its a shame this has been solid since I bought it.
09-25-2012, 03:44 PM,
(09-25-2012, 03:33 PM)Hun Wrote: From ASROCK support:

Hi Attila,

Please check the CPU and system are not over heated.

Test with 1 memory stick in A1 slot, try with another memory if its same issue.

Test with another known good HDD to eliminate the SSD issue.

Thank you

ASRock America Support Team

2/3 of these has been done....So I will have to remove my SSD install windows on my HDD and check this out after this I'm done. If this continues time for new MB its a shame this has been solid since I bought it.

i thought that i had suggested that in one of my posts but i guess i just thought i did. lol. the win7 entry log or crash dump should have a reference to your problem. anyways good luck.
09-25-2012, 04:41 PM,
Do let us know what the problem is if you find it. Big Grin.
09-29-2012, 10:12 AM,
Wow guys...I guess this is fixed.

The SSD that had been my boot drive was removed by simply unplugging data and power cords.
I installed win7 onto the exisisting HDD that was being used for mass data storage basically.
BOOT:
She's running like new.

SSD drive causes computer to lock-up every hour? You know it still may be the mb but I'm so relieved to have this behind me I'm not touching a thing.

Figures the very last thing I checked before replacing mb was the source. Now to check if its still under warranty after barely 1.1yr.

thanks for the help.
09-29-2012, 11:57 AM,
Re: Shutting down every hour
Wow strange indeed. So glad it's working good now though.

Sent from my rooted EVO 4g using tapatalk.
Here are some links you may find useful.
Forum Rules - Introduce Yourself - Things to know before asking a question