You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMO+RTS+FPS video card/build advice
08-29-2012, 10:17 PM,
MMO+RTS+FPS video card/build advice
So I was really close to putting a gaming build together when finances dictated otherwise and it's been almost 6 months since I've been back in the market. Having said all that, I just don't feel like doing all the preliminary research again and am looking to rely heavily on HR's build recommendations and hoping somone can point me in the right direction. I'm looking to build a system that can run FSX and WoW at their max and handle most future games (not at max graphics neccessarily). I also play a lot of RTS games and the occasional FPS.

So here's my question: Will following tier 3, with maybe a few upgrades here and there depending, (my budget is $1k or less) work for this? As far as GPU's go, I guess I'm looking at the Radeon HD 7850 2GB, but I heard somewhere that GeForce cards handle WoW better. Anyone know if that's true? Also this is my current monitor http://www.viewsonic.com/products/archive/va2323wm.htm.

Thank's in advance for any advice.
08-30-2012, 02:23 AM,
RE: MMO+RTS+FPS video card/build advice
(08-29-2012, 10:17 PM)cstep6ix Wrote: So I was really close to putting a gaming build together when finances dictated otherwise and it's been almost 6 months since I've been back in the market. Having said all that, I just don't feel like doing all the preliminary research again and am looking to rely heavily on HR's build recommendations and hoping somone can point me in the right direction. I'm looking to build a system that can run FSX and WoW at their max and handle most future games (not at max graphics neccessarily). I also play a lot of RTS games and the occasional FPS.

So here's my question: Will following tier 3, with maybe a few upgrades here and there depending, (my budget is $1k or less) work for this? As far as GPU's go, I guess I'm looking at the Radeon HD 7850 2GB, but I heard somewhere that GeForce cards handle WoW better. Anyone know if that's true? Also this is my current monitor http://www.viewsonic.com/products/archive/va2323wm.htm.

Thank's in advance for any advice.

EDIT: I was thinking that both WoW and FSX are probably more cpu/ram dependent than graphic card dependent. So I guess I'd like to know if the cpu/ram in tier 3 would be enough to run those at max (or at least handle a lot going on graphically.)