You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings!
08-19-2012, 02:07 PM,
Greetings!
Hello--first-time builder here! I'm currently in school for IT, though I do networking rather than hardware. I'm a rather serious WoW player, limited to 10s raiding because I'm currently stuck gaming on a three-year-old laptop. Also, it doesn't quite have the power to let me livestream at any decent sort of quality.

I run Windows 7 Ultimate/Slackware dual-boot--the Windows is for gaming, the Slackware's for pretty much everything else. I'm an avid writer and wannabe game designer who swears by Cherry MX Red switches, and who will defend them unto death. Even if people do think I'm strange when I lug it to write-ins.

Sadly, my nearest Microcenter (Fairfax/NoVA) is 3-4 hours away, and Fry's even further.

In order to be getting some practical experience prior to my build (looking at early January for that), I'll be working with my college's Computer Club, which takes components from the school's dead computers and donated machines, and builds them into working computers that are then given to students who don't have them at home to use. I've previously done software for them--this'll be my first experience with hardware, and I'm really looking forward to it!
08-19-2012, 02:31 PM,
RE: Greetings!
Welcome to HR!
Follow Me on Twitter

CPU: Intel i5 2500k Motherboard: ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Z68 Video Card: Sapphire Radeon 6870 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550w Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: Antec 300 Illusion Monitor: ASUS 23" 5ms 1080p Mouse: Logitech G500
08-19-2012, 05:42 PM,
RE: Greetings!
Welcome aboard man Smile
Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 CPU: i5 3570K Cooler: Water Loop Motherboard: ASrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Z68
Memory:
Corsair Vengeance 8gb] Video Card: EVGA GTX 1070 FE Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w
Storage:
Samsung 840 120gb
Monitor:
Acer S231HLbid 23" Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue