You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headset question
08-16-2012, 04:28 PM,
Headset question
I'm coming very close to finalizing my build, but I'm wondering about what sound options I should go for. So far, I've found two options.

1. Rosewill 5.1 USB Headset

OR

2. Cooler Master Storm Sirus, coupled with the Asus Xonar DG.

Option 2 is more expensive, but will it provide me with better sound quality? Is this version of the CM Storm Sirus as good as its $120 counterpart? And finally, would any of you people here recommend either of those headsets at all?
08-18-2012, 10:12 AM,
RE: Headset question
Are you looking for gaming headset or music headset?
08-18-2012, 06:46 PM,
My new comp would be primarily used for gaming, though I do tend to listen to music while I play.
08-18-2012, 08:48 PM,
I would get the Corsair Vengeance 1300 for its comfort. But I think what really matters is if you get a sound card with a headphone amp.
Dota 2 Beta Tester
Extreme Starcraft II Geek
Still studies Calculus BC in Freshman year..
08-18-2012, 10:04 PM,
OK, because I don't want to start another topic, I want to try and finalize what will hopefully be my final build.

Case: Corsair Carbide 400r

Motherboard: BIOSTAR TZ77B

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570

RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8GB

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti OC

SSD: ADATA S510 120GB

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB

Optical Drive: ASUS 24X DVD Burner

CPU Cooler: COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus

Case Fans: COOLER MASTER 120mm Case Fans 4 pack

PSU: Rosewill HIVE 550W

Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4

Mouse: COOLER MASTER Storm Xornet

Headset: Rosewill USB 5.1 Headset

Total (including shipping): $1518.76

Now, about this build, I have a few questions:

1. The Intel Core i5 3570 seems to be a little better than the 3550, but is about $5 cheaper on newegg.ca. Am I getting a better deal?

2. Will the Rosewill PSU provide enough power for the 660 Ti?

3. How will I be able to plug in all of the case fans? I had planned to have one on the cpu cooler, two mounted on the top of the case, and the last one on the bottom of the case. Will this work?

4. Are there any other recommendations people would give me for the peripherals that wouldn't cost any more than what I have listed?
08-19-2012, 07:58 AM,
1. Yes, get even the K version if it is cheaper.
2. If not overclocking CPU or video card, yes.(You should probably overclock it since it is the only 660 Ti suppprting overvolting)
3. The Hyper 212 Plus comes with a 120mm fan, to I would suggest putting the extra fan on the back of the case for intake. Negative airflow=BAD
4. Get the ASUS Xonar DG for only $14 more.
Dota 2 Beta Tester
08-19-2012, 08:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2012, 08:19 AM by sasikanth8.)
2.yes
3.possible
If i were you i would add one fan at the side,one bottom,one top.

Adding extra fan to hyper 212+ doesnt make any difference may a degree less.

@
ricky07652
He did not say that he would add fan back of the case.
08-19-2012, 09:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2012, 09:02 AM by ricky07652.)
If you add a fan to the side, it doesn't improve airflow because the grahpics card will suck it all in and your CPU will be starved for air unless you add a fan to the back. And if you have that as an exahust then you will have negative airflow which sucks all the dust into the case through the tiny cracks and holes.

And the Hyper 212 already comes with a fan included.
Dota 2 Beta Tester
08-19-2012, 02:52 PM,
Thanks for your suggestions, but it seems to me that the carbide 400r already has a fan on the back, and many reviews on newegg have said that both the hyper 212 plus and evo can have another fan attached in a push/pull formation, and that is what I was thinking of when I made my original post. To that end, should I get the plus or the evo version of the cooler?

Also, where will I be able to plug in all the fans? Will there be enough places on the motherboard; can I plug them in to the psu somehow?

As well, I won't be planning on overclocking this system; I chose the gpu that I did because it ends up being cheaper via MIR.
08-19-2012, 04:32 PM,
(08-19-2012, 02:52 PM)crazylegoman Wrote: Thanks for your suggestions, but it seems to me that the carbide 400r already has a fan on the back, and many reviews on newegg have said that both the hyper 212 plus and evo can have another fan attached in a push/pull formation, and that is what I was thinking of when I made my original post. To that end, should I get the plus or the evo version of the cooler?

Also, where will I be able to plug in all the fans? Will there be enough places on the motherboard; can I plug them in to the psu somehow?

As well, I won't be planning on overclocking this system; I chose the gpu that I did because it ends up being cheaper via MIR.

Push/pull doesn't improve temperatures significantly. I would just get a better cooler if you want better temperatures. Honestly, I'd just get the plus, considering the evo isn't that much better.

You can plug in some fans into the motherboard. However, you may have to plug some into the power supply.
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K CPU Cooler: Thermalright Silver Arrow CPU TIM: Thermalright Chill Factor III GPU: Sapphire Radeon 6970 VGA Cooler: Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme Plus SSD: Crucial M4 256GB HDD: Samsung F3 1TB Motherboard: ASRock P67 PRO3 RAM: 4x4GB (16GB) Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz Optical Drive: ASUS 24X PSU: 550W Kingwin Lazer 80 Plus Platinum Fan Controller: Scythe Kaze Q12 Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX Keyboard: Rosewill RK-9000 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500 Monitor: Sceptre 27"