You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
software
07-30-2012, 02:04 PM,
software
ok new system just finished building, most of the software installed off disks, everything after a few hiccoughs seems to be working just fine. question i have is....is there a free utility that can help make sure ALL my drivers are up-to-date? a find many of them on sites i frequent, but they all do the same thing. You d-load, install and when you click the d-load update drivers...they want money. that's not freeware. it's not that i'm cheap, but i'm on a budget and this puter has broken it lol so i can't go around spending money on utilities i may never use again after i've set all software with auto-update options. auto-updates don't always work right away though.
i'm out of breath at the length of this, sorry bout that, just excited that i built my 1st puter despite a few problems and it hasn't blown up on me.
07-30-2012, 02:12 PM,
Re: software
Not that i am aware of. Just go to the various company websites for your parts. Takes some time but at least you know what you are getting.

Sent from my rooted EVO 4g using tapatalk.
Here are some links you may find useful.
Forum Rules - Introduce Yourself - Things to know before asking a question
07-30-2012, 02:15 PM,
RE: software
Normally just doing a windows update a few times finds all the basic drivers you need. Then go to the video card manufacturer's website for those updates (AMD or Nvidia). The 3rd newegg DIY video talks about motherboard/bios updates. What other drivers are you referring to? And no you shouldn't pay money for anything, unless it's an auto-updating anti-virus or anti-spyware program. I just use free ones, but they don't auto update.
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K OC to 4.5Ghz CPU Cooler: Thermalright Silver Arrow CPU TIM: Thermalright Chill Factor III GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti Zotac AMP! SSD: Crucial M4 128GB HDD: Samsung F3 1TB Motherboard: ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 RAM: 2x4GB (8GB) Corsair Low Profile 1600MHz Optical Drive: ASUS 24X PSU: 650W Seasonic 80+ Gold Sound Card: None (Integrated) Keyboard: i-rocks KR-6260 Gaming Mouse: Logitch Gaming G500 Monitor: Viewsonic 24" LED-vx2453
07-30-2012, 03:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-30-2012, 03:44 PM by galahad1313.)
RE: software
gotcha. did that part with the massive windows updating so i'll assume i'm good to go. will double check the nvidia drivers and asus audio drivers to make sure they're up to date. thank you :-). now to go enjoy my new puter.