You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cooling
07-26-2012, 08:59 PM,
cooling
i'm not sure i understand fully about the build i'm using where i have the Havik cpu cooling fan. Is this supposed to replace the stock fan that comes with the cpu bundle? unfortunately the vid i followed had me put the stock one in initially but now he's switched to a different set up using another cpu fan i'm...lost.
so many things have gone wrong so far i'm annoyed and feeling dumb. i guess i followed the wrong video guide on new egg as, though we used the same vid card, he only plugged in 1 thing into it from the main power, yet i had to do some searching to find out i need to plug in 2(2X6pins). that stumped me for a while when i did the initial power up check and the card didn't work...well that and i stupidly plugged into the sli slot instead of the single pci vid card slot lol oops.
07-26-2012, 10:14 PM,
RE: cooling
For the cooler, you just follow how he did the after market cooler, however they all install a little differently. You only follow one build, you don't do what he does in both unless you have a specific part for one build but not the other. Yea for the video card you need to plug both pins into the PSU.
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K OC to 4.5Ghz CPU Cooler: Thermalright Silver Arrow CPU TIM: Thermalright Chill Factor III GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti Zotac AMP! SSD: Crucial M4 128GB HDD: Samsung F3 1TB Motherboard: ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 RAM: 2x4GB (8GB) Corsair Low Profile 1600MHz Optical Drive: ASUS 24X PSU: 650W Seasonic 80+ Gold Sound Card: None (Integrated) Keyboard: i-rocks KR-6260 Gaming Mouse: Logitch Gaming G500 Monitor: Viewsonic 24" LED-vx2453
07-27-2012, 02:44 PM,
no kidding they're all different installs and this Havik seems unique compared to other cooling fans and i'm stuck on it atm. I can't seem to get the rubber through the holes without the fear of damaging the rubber fasteners *sigh*. building a computer may be simple for others, but all it's doing is making me feel stupid and awkward. to boot the picture in the instructions as far as which way the fans face is different than the finished product i saw on a review. maybe once i get passed this bloody rubber fastener problem, the rest will be easier.
07-27-2012, 02:50 PM,
You have to use the flat side of the screwdriver and squeeze it in, I think.
Dota 2 Beta Tester
Extreme Starcraft II Geek
Still studies Calculus BC in Freshman year..
07-27-2012, 03:36 PM,
You could check youtube videos for that specific cooler and see what people do.

For me the cooler installation was definitely the hardest part, after that it's just plugging pins in and cable management.
Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K OC to 4.5Ghz CPU Cooler: Thermalright Silver Arrow CPU TIM: Thermalright Chill Factor III GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti Zotac AMP! SSD: Crucial M4 128GB HDD: Samsung F3 1TB Motherboard: ASRock P67 Extreme 4 Gen 3 RAM: 2x4GB (8GB) Corsair Low Profile 1600MHz Optical Drive: ASUS 24X PSU: 650W Seasonic 80+ Gold Sound Card: None (Integrated) Keyboard: i-rocks KR-6260 Gaming Mouse: Logitch Gaming G500 Monitor: Viewsonic 24" LED-vx2453
07-27-2012, 04:19 PM,
i give up man. been trying for 2 1/2 hrs to get these bloody rubber knobs into the itty bitty hole with a screwdriver and i cannot do it. my eyesight is very poor and trying to stuff that rubber fastener into the hole is too hard for me. i'd appreciate any other little tricks. i thought using a pair of needle nose pliers but...i don't have any. I did check you tube pineapple and didn't really find much. i mean i know how to finish this fan off at this point other than figuring out which side of the fan sucks and which blows. i would think the open side is the blow and would face the exterior of the case while the edged side would suck and would face inside. both answers are nowhere on you tube. sorry i'm babbling out of frustration.
07-27-2012, 05:01 PM,
LinusTechTips:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0LwGu3qIFE
and skip to 7:34.
Hope this helps.
Dota 2 Beta Tester
Extreme Starcraft II Geek
Still studies Calculus BC in Freshman year..
07-27-2012, 06:30 PM,
I have the Havik and inserting the rubber fasteners into those holes on the fan was a pain. I too didn't want to break or tera any of the rubber, but I ended up pulling on it as hard as I could and it slipped through the hole and the rubber was completely fine. So my suggestion would be to poke what you can through, get a good grip on the other side, and then pull as hard as you can with your fingers to make it go through the rest. If you can't do it with your fingers, I'd then suggest needlenose pliers. But if using pliers I wouldn't pull as hard as you can because then you might tear up the rubber. Hope you get those darn fasteners on.
Case: Corsair 600T CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K CPU Cooler: NZXT Havik 140 GPU: Asus GTX 670 DC2T SSD: Crucial M4 256GB HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H RAM: 4x4GB (16GB) Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600MHz Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc 24X PSU: Seasonic X750 80+ Gold Sound Card: Asus Xonar DG Keyboard: Logitech G110 Monitor: Asus VH238H 23" LED
07-28-2012, 10:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2012, 11:08 AM by galahad1313.)
thnx mattr. it really helped having someone who went through it to advise me on what to do. i did it! knowing they wouldn't break on me based on your experience, i pulled gently but firmly while pushing from the other side and finally!!! rubber inserts in and about to test the fan to make sure i have the proper sides placed. thnx to all suggestions as well, this is a good forum community where your questions get answered, people actually encourage you and your questions don't get buried to page 10 in a day. figures though that i would put the fan backwards lol. it looks like i have air blowing towards the inside of the tower rather than the outside. small adjustment though. cheers
07-28-2012, 11:38 AM,
Glad it worked out. IF you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.
Case: Corsair 600T CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K CPU Cooler: NZXT Havik 140 GPU: Asus GTX 670 DC2T SSD: Crucial M4 256GB HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H RAM: 4x4GB (16GB) Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600MHz Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc 24X PSU: Seasonic X750 80+ Gold Sound Card: Asus Xonar DG Keyboard: Logitech G110 Monitor: Asus VH238H 23" LED