You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Low Budget HTPC
07-18-2012, 10:05 PM,
Low Budget HTPC
This was built a while back when I was a forum lurker. I forgot I had these HTPC pics. This build means a lot to me. It was my first build so it was the big ice-breaker and it got my cable bill down from $132 a month to $34 (went from Internet and TV to just Internet). Over a grand a year in savings is nothing to sneeze at (for me anyway).

No, I don't get HBO, Showtime, ESPN, etc., etc. but I'm happy with Netflix, Hulu and the Hauppauge DVR. What do we DVR? Basically stuff that we get through that UGLY "thing" of an antenna that I built! Yes, it's ugly as sin but I'm proud of that mini monstrosity. It picks up all I need. Anyway, enjoy the pics....as ugly as they may be.

Made possible again by Mathieu and the great people at Hardware Revolution.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570k Ivy Bridge CPU cooler: NZXT Havik 140 Mobo: Biostar TZ77XE3 LGA 1155 Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Full Tower RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB Storage: Samsung 830 Series 256GB SSD PSU: Rosewill Capstone Series 650W 80+ Gold Audio: Asus Xonar DG 5.1 sound card Screen: Asus VH238H 23" 1080p HDMI LED monitor Keyboard: CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid Cherry MX Brown