You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wireless GPU announced by Nvidia? How will it work?
01-15-2011, 06:27 AM,
RE: Wireless GPU announced by Nvidia? How will it work?
(01-15-2011, 01:23 AM)ichigeki Wrote: Isn't OnLive where they stream a video to you as you play? Not a bad idea actually, you could virtually play any game on any computer as long as you have a badass internet connection.

Yeah it's a good idea but i don't like the fact (like for the entire cloud concept) you don't really own the game.
With wireless display, you're your own "gaming broadcast", largely better imho! Actually i will like ethernet display/control too, more stable and you can have only one desktop to play in every room of your house with just a monitor and a mouse/keyboard!
01-15-2011, 07:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2011, 07:55 AM by Andrew J.)
Err no it's not the same concept. OnLive is completely different, they render everything server side then send the compressed frames back to you via internet. The benefit being that there are no downloads involved and even slow netbooks can play high quality games granted that you have a strong internet connection.

This is just transmitting a picture to a TV/Monitor wirelessly.
Your friendly forum administrator.
01-15-2011, 08:12 AM,
So widi is just render everything on the computer and send the compressed frame data at a monitor who decode the stream. Not totally the same ok but not really different if you think the method!
01-15-2011, 08:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2011, 08:23 AM by Andrew J.)
Well with OnLive you need two computers (server + client), with this you need one computer and one TV/monitor.

Also OnLive relies on internet, but anyways it's an arbitrary point. Tongue
Your friendly forum administrator.
01-15-2011, 08:25 AM,
The monitor will need some decoding device: it's a mini computing item...LOL ok we stop it, i'm laughing! Wink