You need to Read the rules and Join the forums before you can post.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blank screen with cursor
06-27-2012, 08:59 AM,
Blank screen with cursor
Just finished my build and had installed windows7 on my SSD with no issues. Unfortunatly, I had not formated my storage HD so all the updates I was doing was being saved to the SSD. So I decided to format, reinstall windows, and start from scratch to save space on the SSD. Rolleyes I formatted the SSD and reinstalled windows, but now when I boot from SSD it displays a blank screen with flashing cursor.

It will boot fine, albeit slower, when I select "Boot Manager" as the primary start-up drive within BIOS, but the first install never gave me "boot manager" as an option. Just the SSD was listed and it booted normally with no issues.

So how do I disable the boot manager and avoid the black screen of death?

Thanks for helping this noob out.
06-27-2012, 10:27 AM,
RE: Blank screen with cursor
You just install windows to SSD. After that you can go to disk manager and activate etc.

You sure you haven't installed windows to the HDD?
CPU: Intel i7 2600k OC 4.2ghz.Cooler: ASUS silent Warrior.Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3.Graphics Card: XiShi HIS 6970 IceQ.RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR3 1600 2x4Gb.SSD: OCZ Solid 3 120Gb.HDD: WD green disk 2TB.PSU: OCZ 850W 80PLUS Gold.Case: Something Chinese, still good.monitors:Samsung B2230H 21.5-inch. LG 42 inch HDTV. All very quiet.
06-28-2012, 01:27 PM,
RE: Blank screen with cursor
Thanks for your feedback. For sure its installed to the SSD. Its not that slow loading, so I'll just deal with it and enjoy my computer. Thanks again.